Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

So... who is going to Millwall away?

What about this one, for the faint hearted?

The 'invisibility cloak'...…………………………………….may have to work on the shadow part 🧐

Image result for invisible cloak

• Haha 1

Grew up in the East End from the age of 10, went to Millwall regularly from 74-78, it was lively every week. You'd hope that it would be over by now, clearly that's not the case. Not going because of events yesterday is understandable, given the choice I'd still go.

I say this with no authority....but i would hazard a guess that some of those everton fans , after a day of drinking in london prior to a 5.30pm saturday kick off, went to the den in a different mindset tgat I would imagine norwich fans will

....yes its an intimidating place BUT whether you go there by coach or train, as long as you keep your self to yourself and given that the route to the away turnstiles are kept separate from the home, there is no reason to encounter anything like this

Yep, it does look like a proper nawty 'meet n greet'. City fans should be ok, unless you wear a morph suit.😀

I was thinking about it. My big concern about what happened yesterday is who actually still goes to the footy tooled up?! A scuffle is one thing but slashing someone’s face open is a whole different ball game! 

Anyone seen their racist chants too? Worst thing is ive seen plenty on facebook on the EFL page questioning 'how is it racist?'

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Anyone seen their racist chants too? Worst thing is ive seen plenty on facebook on the EFL page questioning 'how is it racist?'

Social media at it's finest hoggy.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

Not going this time the 4-0 last time still upsetting hope by not going the team buck the trend and give us a win.

Used to enjoy going to the old Den at Cold Blow Lane in the 70's.  But the new Den is a place devoid of atmosphere. 

I hope to. Are Norwich fans normally kept behind after the game? I need to shot off st the final whistle, ideally!

49 minutes ago, Bicks said:

I hope to. Are Norwich fans normally kept behind after the game? I need to shot off st the final whistle, ideally!

I’ve been there twice. First time in the League One season we were kept behind. It was a Saturday 3pm kick off and we had a fair old following. We even had the lower tier, which is pretty unheard of now.

Second time was the following season. It was a Tuesday night and only about 1,100 or so of us there. They let us straight out that time.

The reporting of that Everton slashing incident not been very balanced. yes it was obviously completely out of order for someone to get their face slashed but the trouble appears to have been mainly caused by mobs of Everton fans turning up at Surrey Quays looking for a fight and that includes the so called "victim" of the slashing who can be seen in the videos right at the front of the Everton mob hurling punches. There is a certain degree of if you play with fire you are going to get burnt there!

Have been to Millwall several times. If you have a few drinks around London Bridge, get the train and get off at South Bermondsey then I think its rare that there are any issues these days. Those Everton fans chose to take a very different route for a reason.

• Like 3

Elsewhere

" Three Brighton season ticket holders have been handed lifetime bans by the club for their involvement in "serious disorder" at Saturday's 0-0 FA Cup draw with West Brom. "

That'll learn 'em

17 minutes ago, Tim Allman said:

Had a bit of a problem at Millwall a few years ago, we'd drawn 1-1 in an evening game with David Fox scoring our goal.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/crime/young-city-fan-hit-by-coin-after-match-1-727432

A couple of bottles were thrown on the pitch that night, one was a full bottle of water thrown from behind me in the away end.

Yes off to millwall away 5 of us 4 travelling from essex....we usually drink in London Bridge and even bumped into millwall and had a beer in the same pub. Never any issue train to south bermondsey to the game and out after. No need to deviate from that. Bit of mouth and gestures in the past but nothing that should cause concerns..... bandit country lol