Sign in to follow this  
unique

Sharp’s goal celebration

What a w’nker....... who brings a f’king spare sock out with them to stick on their hand and act a prat?

Bloody shame it didn’t have to stay in his pocket for ninety-five minutes.....

Why can’t he just do a somersault like classy scorers?

Don't know what that celebration was all about but still a class act striker at this level. Failed to be put off by Krul's rather peculiar antics prior to their penalty.

A clever way of telling the opposition fans to “put a sock in it”? If so, it clearly did the trick (and without any risk of incurring a booking). 😀

Not clever - and unlikely to be a ‘put a sock in it’ message. Certain goal celebrations have become irksome, and running at opposition fans with your finger to your lips could be interpreted as inciteful. Far more worthy of a booking than ripping your shirt off in celebration.

Most goal celebrations are boring. I have to accept they are part of the game but they are getting so silly. Maybe if some footballers spent more thought of paying their taxes instead of celebrations they would earn a bit more respect.

And Wilder moans about time wasting! Also he got Trybull booked. He did kick the ball away admittedly but the ref ignored it until Wilder did ape man act on the sideline.

I wish we'd scored a last minute winner......then all the home crowd immediately removed a shoe and put a sock on their right hand in celebration.....it would have been classic......to see the look on Sharp's face......oh, including Wilder's and the Blade's support......Might have been a bit smelly mind..... 😉

5 hours ago, unique said:

Not clever - and unlikely to be a ‘put a sock in it’ message. Certain goal celebrations have become irksome, and running at opposition fans with your finger to your lips could be interpreted as inciteful. Far more worthy of a booking than ripping your shirt off in celebration.

Players's celebrations are of piece with the fan culture which sees them subjected to constant abuse and taunting from the stands, often euphemistically termed "banter". "Banter" is almost certainly a more appropriate description of Sharp's reactions to scoring than  most of what goes by the name.

So when Holty put the big furry microphone on his face, was that childish and puerile? Lighten up you lot, it's a game of football, not the Somme!

• Like 1

Can't beat a "get it right up you" goal celebration that infuriates the crowd...on this occasion, it just wasn't for one of our goals that did it.👍

Apples

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

So when Holty put the big furry microphone on his face, was that childish and puerile? Lighten up you lot, it's a game of football, not the Somme!

Wasn't that something to do with Movember? growing a tash for charity. Wasn't in the UK at the time but seem to remember it being a thing. 

On 27/01/2019 at 12:11, unique said:

So a Player should be booked for "running at the opposition fans with a finger to their lips" ?

However fans can shout any amount of vile abuse at opposition players without expecting any sort of retribution ?

i really despair !

Some people these days are easily offended by anything yet still expect to "dish out" whatever they like.

So a Player should be booked for "running at the opposition fans with a finger to their lips" ?

However fans can shout any amount of vile abuse at opposition players without expecting any sort of retribution ?

i really despair !

Some people these days are easily offended by anything yet still expect to "dish out" whatever they like.

Dishing it out has always been a part of football and players accepted it. Now all of a sudden, it is called abuse and the players rights mean they can give it back or sulk if they hear anything?

I think we need to get a grip of reality here. It is part of a spectators psyche to chant, sing, moan, scream and even boo. As long as it is not racist or homophobic, the players have to realise that as much as they can be seen and heard shouting "fcuk off" to a referee or more likely a linesman, then spectators are going to swear and shout at them. Quid pro quo.

So Emi is clean through and is upended and people go "Oh bother"? Of course not, they give it what for.

And Holt's reaction was funny. But to see the previously planned and scripted celebrations take the real emotion away from me. I was at Yeovil a few years back when the Doc equalised in stoppage time. The passion on his face and the fist to us in the away end was perfect for the occasion. If he had gone on his knees or performed some kind of charades act it would have ruined it.

If you didn't understand it just look up Mick Foley or Mankind from WWE.

I believe that the Royal Rumble was on that night so it's a bit of a tribute to a wrestler who was in his prime when Sharp was a kid.

Personally, I thought it was fooookin hilarious.

6 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

If you didn't understand it just look up Mick Foley or Mankind from WWE.

I believe that the Royal Rumble was on that night so it's a bit of a tribute to a wrestler who was in his prime when Sharp was a kid.

Personally, I thought it was fooookin hilarious.

Full Mr Socko.

Our only response can be to have our next goal scorer nail one of the subs with a steel chair.

• Haha 2

Yeah fair play on the celebration but it's probably best I don't go into the argument of grown men watching WWE.

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah fair play on the celebration but it's probably best I don't go into the argument of grown men watching WWE.

Why not go into it? You won't find anyone ashamed of it!

I don't watch WWE anymore, personally, but wrestling is great in general. So many good promtions out there, doing really innovative stuff. Like I said, I'm not a huge follower of all that stuff but the athleticism and entertainment (which is what it is, essentially) can't be denied!

22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

God forbid we stay in touch with our inner child and take part in anything light-hearted.

• Like 1

If we had Billy Sharp in our squad now promotion would be almost guaranteed the way we create chances

3 minutes ago, daly said:

If we had Billy Sharp in our squad now promotion would be almost guaranteed the way we create chances

Yeah, because Pukki is doing such an awful job as a lone striker...

Feedthe wolf

NO he obviously is not doing a bad job.

Just love to have him on board

7 hours ago, daly said:

... better than Pukki?

8 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

Hog never really got over the passing away of Ravishing Rick Rude.:classic_rolleyes:

Apples

I think my childhood era was The Rock, Hardy brothers, Triple H, Kane, Big Show. Etc!