Sign in to follow this  
JB

No no no

Just got back from the game today and as much as I am hugely proud of this team and to be a Norwich fan right now, I am genuinely a little concerned about the goals we are conceeding. The penalty was a penalty, so  little can be done, of course, but to go ahead twice at home and to only come away with a point just worries me a little. If we are to compete as an auto-promotion team, we can't keep doing this. I'm sure if future games' results go our way, this won't matter, but I just worry these are crucial points lost from what are winning positions might cost us.

Edited by JB

His car was on the verge of being towed away just before the game outside the club shop just before the game, and he looked quite spritely as he got out and ran towards the club shop looking to sort out the issue. 

LDC - don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying thee times, but I am just putting it out there as something I can't figure out, in that we mess situations like this up, which ultimately cost us points. 

In all seriousness, you raise a valid point, however you could also ask how many points we've gained from losing or drawing positions this season, I think Zimbabwe performs more effectively with Klose next to him and hopefully he’ll be back soon.

Your points are valid, Rivvo. We have gained many a point in those situations, BUT to be contenders, we can't be a team on the receiving end of that scenario. 

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not even sure Farke would bring Klose straight back in when fit either.

Farke seems blindsided by the current defensive pairing

You don't make experienced players of inexperienced ones by selecting already experienced players ahead of them.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm not even sure Farke would bring Klose straight back in when fit either.

Farke seems blindsided by the current defensive pairing

I think Godfrey is seen as the future(justifiably so in what I’ve seen of him so far) but Farke is a pragmatic coach and I trust him to always put out our most effective team.

4 minutes ago, JB said:

Your points are valid, Rivvo. We have gained many a point in those situations, BUT to be contenders, we can't be a team on the receiving end of that scenario. 

We can if we are on the receiving end against teams around us, all we have to do is beat more teams than those around and above us do. It’s not so much losing or gaining points but who you gain or lose them against I feel.

Felt a bit down leaving the ground feeling that we may have won it if subs made a bit earlier. Rhodes can change games, opposition defences are frightened of him and he does present a different challenge, especially when legs and minds are tiring.

We really did see the best of City though, what a fantastic first goal, a privilege to watch.

Bit worrying now that when we go one up, the first thing to cross your mind is we are going to need another couple to win this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

You don't make experienced players of inexperienced ones by selecting already experienced players ahead of them.

We're on the midst of a promotion fight...and coming up to the last 3 months of it.....the future is all very well but at the moment we need to be dealing with the here and now

Promotion is there for the taking IF we can stop shipping goals at home.

I dont believe Farke is picking the best personnel we have to be able to acheive that

Hate to be that guy, but, whilst it is concerning that we are shipping goals at the moment we are still in the automatic promotion places and we are still not losing to promotion rivals. We are net up on points scored in the reverse fixtures and have had c.20 injuries to first team players so far this season...

It isn't great to not be winning and conceding goals, but we are still doing enough (just) to get automatic promotion.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing will come from worrying except more worrying.  Best thng imo is to try to enjoy the ride - we're second in the league on merit with some of our best players set to return.

Usual positive / I know zip about football / bury my head in the sand / clap and cheer loudly / response from LDC. 

Godfrey maybe a better "footballer" and play the ball out from the back....but I dont see how by playing Hanley would reduce our effectiveness as an attacking threat.....whilst at the same time giving us a better chance of conceding less goals

15 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Nothing will come from worrying except more worrying.  Best thng imo is to try to enjoy the ride - we're second in the league on merit with some of our best players set to return.

Usual positive / I know zip about football / bury my head in the sand / clap and cheer loudly / response from LDC. 

Nothing uber positive about what I posted.  Petty factual really.

42 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

.the future is all very well but at the moment we need to be dealing with the here and now

The future Is part of the here and now.

51 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The team captain....sitting on the bench?

Yes I am wondering myself what Hanley and even Pinto are doing wrong to go get into the first team. You have 8 players in that area(Not counting Stiepermann) but only 5 of them ever get gametime. If these 3 are not good enough then they need moved on to make way for someone to give some competition to the 5.

43 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Yes I am wondering myself what Hanley and even Pinto are doing wrong to go get into the first team. You have 8 players in that area(Not counting Stiepermann) but only 5 of them ever get gametime. If these 3 are not good enough then they need moved on to make way for someone to give some competition to the 5.

Pinto is not getting a game anytime soon, unless Max is injured. Hanley will be further away once Klose is fit.