Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Vrancic

Really great read...good that the Independent has covered articles on Vrancic and Klose recently! Vrancic is an understated character according to this, perhaps similar to the way he plays. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Really great read...good that the Independent has covered articles on Vrancic and Klose recently! Vrancic is an understated character according to this, perhaps similar to the way he plays. 

I watched him closely during the Brum game and I find the perfect adjective for him is laconic. He has a slow grace to him, no rushing about, careful, precise passing and although he looks like the least knackered out of all of them, he does do a lot of the midfield work. I like him as a player and the article paints him out as a good person too.

On Kloppe Wagner and Farke

“All three expect that you give 100% each and every day, and they quickly realise it if you don’t,” he says. “They might say harsh words, but they remind you. That’s one thing they have in common.”

Farke almost sounds the most demanding of the three. “He wants every player to be a protagonist [on the field], to not just react to what the opponents do. He wants us to be a possession-based side, to give supporters something back with goals, to entertain them and to play nice football, not just to win 1-0 and nobody knows how, by parking the bus. That’s not our way of playing. He tries to brainwash us – if I can say it like that – in training so we don’t have to think about it on the pitch, and it’s automatic.”

Interesting insight.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

On Kloppe Wagner and Farke

“All three expect that you give 100% each and every day, and they quickly realise it if you don’t,” he says. “They might say harsh words, but they remind you. That’s one thing they have in common.”

Farke almost sounds the most demanding of the three. “He wants every player to be a protagonist [on the field], to not just react to what the opponents do. He wants us to be a possession-based side, to give supporters something back with goals, to entertain them and to play nice football, not just to win 1-0 and nobody knows how, by parking the bus. That’s not our way of playing. He tries to brainwash us – if I can say it like that – in training so we don’t have to think about it on the pitch, and it’s automatic.”

Interesting insight.

It's when Farke announces that Lambert was not the messiah because he is, and takes the team to a team bonding session at an isolated ranch in Arizona we should start to be concerned about this brainwashing I think.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

KIO

"It's when Farke announces that Lambert was not the messiah because he is, and takes the team to a team bonding session at an isolated ranch in Arizona we should start to be concerned about this brainwashing I think."

The Canary Cult 😀

I suspect the brainwash reference was poorly explained, but there certainly is an aspect in training where a particular style of play and philospohy is reinforced to the point where it becomes almost automatic to react in a certain way to circumstances on the field.

Edited by Van wink

It's not brainwashing - it's merely making sure all the players internalise the right habits that will make us successful so that it becomes instinctive.  It is what all successful managers do one way or the other.  We're lucky to have someone who has the ability and character to have been able to instill such a togetherness, desire and skill in the club that everyone is loving it.

15 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It's when Farke announces that Lambert was not the messiah because he is, and takes the team to a team bonding session at an isolated ranch in Arizona we should start to be concerned about this brainwashing I think.

lol 

if if it works I’m fine with this!

Also lambert was never plausible as a messiah figure if I’m being honest, I was always struggling too hard to understand what he was saying.

Farke’s spoken English is much clearer and I can easily see him persuading people to go with him to a commune in Arizona 🤔😇

• Haha 1