Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Leeds, so it's all going to kick off then

Interesting how different parts of the Country are recognized in different ways,  Somerset, we think of cider Staffordshire, it's ceramics and so on. Yorkshire is known for flat caps and whippets, Geoff Boycott and bitter, there's no question, they are a special breed. Unfortunately, they've earned a reputation for football violence that, even if not always apparent, is bubbling away just under the surface. It doesn't take much to ignite their passions, a quick scan through WACCOE should tell you all you need to know about the welcome we'll be receiving next week. 

You can tell a Yorkshire man

But you can't tell him much

When you speak to supporters of other clubs, Leeds always seems to come out bottom. It isn't just the threats or the threatening atmosphere, its things like spitting on you. Its just this all round vileness that they create.

Not all of course but in these circumstances that bad do represent the club.

11 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Interesting how different parts of the Country are recognized in different ways,  Somerset, we think of cider Staffordshire, it's ceramics and so on. Yorkshire is known for flat caps and whippets, Geoff Boycott and bitter, there's no question, they are a special breed. Unfortunately, they've earned a reputation for football violence that, even if not always apparent, is bubbling away just under the surface. It doesn't take much to ignite their passions, a quick scan through WACCOE should tell you all you need to know about the welcome we'll be receiving next week. 

Whereas their perceived pig ignorance is merely a behaviour promoted by many of theme, Boycott was born just outside of Middleboro and I not sure whether those living in places like Skipton have much 'county' affiliation with Hull

As to the beer, anyone having the misfortune to be served a pint in Leeds will be given a glass that is half full of liquid and half full of froth. Much like the average LUFC fans - only the liquid being pi ss.

There is often a huge chip on the shoulder among the fans who feel they have been robbed of their rightful place in the sun. The binners, these northern monkey and Millwall

Two of those three to be relegated and Leeds to lose out in the playoffs

oh dear

Leeds seem desperate to create a them and us mentality with their "EFL doesn't want us promoted" conspiracy theories. Us signing a letter seems on twitter to be a far more serious transgression than what Bielsa's done.

Apart from us and possibly Middlesbrough, they have some easier games coming up. That will test their resolve. Difficult to maintain the pathetic 'everyone hates us' stance when playing clubs with absolutely no football threat (position wise) against them.

Here's hopping they go into their traditional, end of season, collapse early this year.

I am surprised RobWhites has not given us his view. He was here when we went behind Leeds in the table. But maybe he is not an extremist like some on Twitter or Waccoe.

This 'us against the world' vibe just shows such an inferiority complex. Otherwise, why even go the effort of expressing what is lying beneath?

They are a good team, Bielsa is an interesting coach (though spying is weird) and they probably will win the league. My thinking therefore, is just to enjoy it (albeit in my case, quietly). 

5 hours ago, East Rider said:

Apart from us and possibly Middlesbrough, they have some easier games coming up. That will test their resolve. Difficult to maintain the pathetic 'everyone hates us' stance when playing clubs with absolutely no football threat (position wise) against them.

Here's hopping they go into their traditional, end of season, collapse early this year.

Well they've lost 3 of their last 4 games so that's a start !!

5 hours ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Leeds seem desperate to create a them and us mentality with their "EFL doesn't want us promoted" conspiracy theories. Us signing a letter seems on twitter to be a far more serious transgression than what Bielsa's done.

I doubt any club, never mind league welcomes their brain dead supporters.

They remind me of a dose of rabies not quite understanding why Battersea Digs Home wants them to stay away

Just now, Bill said:

I doubt any club, never mind league welcomes their brain dead supporters.

They remind me of a dose of rabies not quite understanding why Battersea Digs Home wants them to stay away

Well I think the argument is that they're "box office", so the EFL will do anything to keep them here. I assume they have good attendances and TV audiences, but the victim complex is a bit OTT.