Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Derby - only 1,000 Norwich fans

Seems like the 3,000 fans going to Coventry was a mixture of new ground and kids for a quid.

Only 1,000 fans have travelled to Derby. This is probably more typical of how many fans are prepared to travel at the moment.

It is a true indication of fans being disgruntled ?

When will the board act ?

Third of four away games on the trot, big expense, rubbish performances, no wins, Christmas shopping - I think a thousand is a bloody miracle.

Oh, I''m not knocking the fans who have good. FULL RESPECT. But last week everyone was going on about 3,000 fans going. Well that was just because it was a new ground and kids for a quid. 1,000 fans will be typical from now on.

Fair play to those that choose to go away week in week out. But every away game is at least £35-50 per game without extras like food etc and why should you keep paying that to see lacklustre performances

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Listening to the commentary another 500 came in at half time.[/quote]

haha i noticed that. Maybe it was half a match for a quid .With Norwich''s performance maybe it should be 10p for Crewe.

Definitly true that the 3,000 last week was because of the above mentioned reasons.

One of the main reasons why fans aren''t up for travelling in numbers is simple:

£25 to watch a mid-table Championship game between two poor games at a 2/3rds empty stadium in cold November.

6 months earlier it was £33 to watch an unbelievable Arsenal team, with one of the worlds greatest players, up against a Norwich team who although were second best, were a pleasure to watch, on a sunny April afternoon.

I wouldn''t go as far as to say i''m a fair weather fan, but after going to Luton, Coventry, Brighton, Watford and MK, and seeing in general hopeless perfomances, There is absolutely no way i''m spending 50 odd quid on what generally nowadays is 2 hours of hope on the bus going to the game, 2 hours despair in the ground, and then another 2 hours on the bus home thinking what a waste of money

Robbo, I totally agree. I''m amazed that 1,000-1,500 have made the effort. Much respect to them. I''m going to Crewe next week, but it will be my first away game since Luton and QPR. I just can''t bare the pain at the moment.  

[quote user="Robbo007"]

£25 to watch a mid-table Championship game between two poor teams at a 2/3rds empty stadium in cold November.

[/quote]

It''s December where I live

I was at the game and there was more than 1,000 ripped off Norwich fans. I would say there were closer to 2,000.

With regards to more fans after half time, i think alot of fans moved because of the space we had in a 5,000 seat stand which made it look like there were more. Although perhaps some decided that they would turn up at half time and watch an expected second half improvement which never happened.

I went today. Cost me £60 all together. I''m not going to bother untill Worthington''s gone. I cannot be bothered travelling for hours on end, spending shed loads of money to watch crap. If the players arn''t going to bother turning up why should I.