Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

FAO Til - Along Come Norwich campaign

What they are doing at that end is superb and long may it continue. I for one am especially looking forward to the derby display.

having been attending their since the mid/late 70s (very periodically through the mid /late 80s), the loudest sustained game by game support was (in my humble opinion) the Worthy promotion season from the Champs and the one in the Prem after that.

However, just for shear vibrancy, colour and fun this season is fantastic and if the South Stand joined in with the acoustics a bit more (superb in those afore mentioned seasons), there would indeed be a cauldron of noise.

It is certainly noticed by the opposition and our players. fans are getting into the ground earlier as a result.

Would be great if the flags reached the top tier as well, that would indeed be a 'wall', but organisation must be a mare. So well done all involved.

P.S The founders one in the centre really sets off the rest well.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the ‘Ipswich display’ that cost over £2k. If it is good as the rest of the banners and displays we have seen so far it should be good. 

What this relatively small number of people have done (with a large number of people backing them) is fantastic. A bit of vibrancy at Carrow Road was long over due and they have delivered superbly. 

You appear to be looking for an argument over an old post HHS (and REC).

This is a good pointer to what the BEN have done and to derail it is a bit low.

I suspect even Til agrees it is a good effort and the original question regarding expenditure was raised after the first display or so. A bit premature sure, but for the sake of a decent discussion leave it there.

14 minutes ago, East Rider said:

You appear to be looking for an argument over an old post HHS (and REC).

You must be new here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The C-I-T-Y letters v Leeds looked so insignificant in such a large stand after the fantastic amount initially raised, but as is said in the article, it was all about starting small and growing as logistics and volunteering grew.  It's looked better and better as it's grown.

Like most, I can't wait to see what the "Ipswich display - £2,301.50" will look like!  I really want it to be a massive banner with Grant Holt laughing his head off.

The bait has been laid by HHS so it is only right that i respond because that surely is what he is waiting for ?

My original thread was started on 12th August after The Crowdfunding had reached in excess of £3000 and my opinion was that the initial displays were disappointing which of course were leapt upon as being negative. That thread has since been referred to several times over the last four and a half months and a more recent thread which i cannot find singled me out more than once for criticism over this matter. It is a shame i cannot find it as i posted in that thread that the display had improved considerably since i stuck my toe in the water way back on 12th August. Of course those that have an agenda have conveniently side stepped that post.

The article to which HHS refers shows that in the first month of the season only a few hundred pounds ( roughly 800 ) had been spent which probably explains my stance back then.

I look forward to seeing this £2000 banner at The Scum game and hope it is on display well before the teams come out for kick off.

The flag waving has come on in leaps and bounds since August but and here is the but ( yes this will be seen as negative rather than a constructive criticism ) why is there next to nobody in their seats in Blocks D and E fifteen minutes before kick off waving the flags cranking up the atmosphere which is and was the object of the exercise ? There probably will be before the Scum game but not so sure about this Saturday. Maybe i will be wrong and i think i have a fairly good idea who will be on my case if that happens.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Looking forward to seeing the ‘Ipswich display’ that cost over £2k. If it is good as the rest of the banners and displays we have seen so far it should be good. 

What this relatively small number of people have done (with a large number of people backing them) is fantastic. A bit of vibrancy at Carrow Road was long over due and they have delivered superbly. 

That was what jumped out at me from the numbers. I'm not able to attend the game, but cannot wait to see what it looks like. Agree 100% with your sentiments. I am massively impressed with what they have achieved this year, long may it continue. My family are sponsoring the match ball on Good Friday, which I believe is exactly 10 years to the day since the scum beat us, if we avoid defeat in a few weeks time.... Part of the matchball package is half a page in the programme.... we'll see what the club will let us get away with putting in there.....

January 2019 

• Ipswich display - £2,301.50
Edited by kick it off

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The bait has been laid by HHS so it is only right that i respond because that surely is what he is waiting for ?

My original thread was started on 12th August after The Crowdfunding had reached in excess of £3000 and my opinion was that the initial displays were disappointing which of course were leapt upon as being negative. That thread has since been referred to several times over the last four and a half months and a more recent thread which i cannot find singled me out more than once for criticism over this matter. It is a shame i cannot find it as i posted in that thread that the display had improved considerably since i stuck my toe in the water way back on 12th August. Of course those that have an agenda have conveniently side stepped that post.

The article to which HHS refers shows that in the first month of the season only a few hundred pounds ( roughly 800 ) had been spent which probably explains my stance back then.

I look forward to seeing this £2000 banner at The Scum game and hope it is on display well before the teams come out for kick off.

The flag waving has come on in leaps and bounds since August but and here is the but ( yes this will be seen as negative rather than a constructive criticism ) why is there next to nobody in their seats in Blocks D and E fifteen minutes before kick off waving the flags cranking up the atmosphere which is and was the object of the exercise ? There probably will be before the Scum game but not so sure about this Saturday. Maybe i will be wrong and i think i have a fairly good idea who will be on my case if that happens.

I thought he was the bigger man. I was obviously wrong.

38 minutes ago, DAVID SEWELL said:

I thought he was the bigger man. I was obviously wrong.

He's a bigger man than you, clearly, as you only ever come on this forum to have a pop at him. 32 posts, and I believe every one has been directly related to Tilly?

I think the post of Tilly's that you quoted is pretty fair and balanced. Maybe you'd like to offer some opinions on other areas of your experiences of being an NCFC fan, rather than just openly pursuing a personal vendetta against one member of the community?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with the club if we need flags to generate atmosphere against the binners 

It's the one game in the season that's guaranteed to generate its own atmosphere, but the more we can show them what a proper atmosphere looks like, the better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, king canary said:

You must be new here.

Ha ha. New poster, long term lurker and even longer term supporter.

The aesthetics of the stadium is an interesting topic, and well worth debate and opinions. Just, not point scoring from any side, would be good. Seems to have worked :classic_unsure::classic_biggrin:

Credit to the relatively small team who have put the effort in to make it happen. Its made the Barclay a bit more lively and its obviously coincided with on pitch success so the feel good factor is great.

Personally dont see why anyone would criticise unless theyre willing to take on the role and provide something better?

5 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

The next stop on the tinpot express!

9B079C1D-A2D0-4DEA-88B7-39A4E5AC2FA1.gif

How about this then River End.......

38 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

The next stop on the tinpot express!

9B079C1D-A2D0-4DEA-88B7-39A4E5AC2FA1.gif

I don’t think there would be many complaints ...

29 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Blo ody hell, Til!

I don't think there would be many complaints if they were serving up the scampi on a matchday in The Gunn Club do you RTB ? 😎

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

why is there next to nobody in their seats in Blocks D and E fifteen minutes before kick off waving the flags cranking up the atmosphere which is and was the object of the exercise ?

A fair and honest reply TIL.  I agree with the above, but being perfectly honest, it'd be really difficult to keep that up for 15 minutes ahead of every single game. And as has been said, certain games will generate their own atmosphere.  In years gone by they would play certain songs that would get the crowd going - daydream believer etc, but I wonder if the stadium team think that isn't appropriate any more. 

we must demand ................

as I'm sure everyone will joyfully join in with those two words

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

How about this then River End.......

No idea why but on watching that Andrew Johnson diving came into my mind.