Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

WHAT A GREAT PERIOD !

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Was that the Windies national anthem I have just heard? It sounded like a bad recording being played under water 

West Indies isn't a nation so doesn't have a "national anthem". They do however have  "Rally Round the West Indies" which the cricket team uses as their anthem.

I turned the tellybox on and it was halfway through this song, and then they played another one straight after, so haven't a clue as to what the songs were

35 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Said no woman ever...

My wife's a season ticket holder at NCFC, and we're off to Japan in September for the Rugby World Cup (as well as Newcastle in May for the Champions/Challenge Cup finals).

Haven't be able to convert her to the joys of cricket yet, though, so I'm off to Edgbaston with the lads for a couple of days. Should be a fantastic year!

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

My wife's a season ticket holder at NCFC, and we're off to Japan in September for the Rugby World Cup (as well as Newcastle in May for the Champions/Challenge Cup finals).

Haven't be able to convert her to the joys of cricket yet, though, so I'm off to Edgbaston with the lads for a couple of days. Should be a fantastic year!

I think the comment about 'no woman ever' related to the word period, not sport

Just now, Bill said:

I think the comment about 'no woman ever' related to the word period, not sport

Haha, hadn't read it that way! 🙂

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Haha, hadn't read it that way! 🙂

hence my comment about 'men's trial cycle' 😏

• Haha 1

Yep , proper sportsyear ahead...with hopefully lot's of succes

Edited by ROBFLECK

Just now, Bill said:

hence my comment about 'men's trial cycle' 😏

D'oh, I'm clearly running a bit slow today... 🙂

30 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ftw, are you doing the whole of the Rugby WC? Are you going with a tour group, or doing it all yourselves?

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Ftw, are you doing the whole of the Rugby WC? Are you going with a tour group, or doing it all yourselves?

Haha no chance, I'm not made of money! 🙂

It's just me and the wife. We got lucky with the ticket ballot for the Sapporo match package - Australia v Fiji on the Saturday, then England v Tonga on the Sunday. Gonna head out a week or two earlier though, to experience Japan before all the rugby tourists arrive.

Are you going?

I wish! That'll still be a great experience though. Seems a very interesting country, and you just feel they will throw everything into being great hosts (I did go on the Lions tour to NZ in 2005 and so want to do another tour someday)

1 hour ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I wish! That'll still be a great experience though. Seems a very interesting country, and you just feel they will throw everything into being great hosts (I did go on the Lions tour to NZ in 2005 and so want to do another tour someday)

Oh man... we toyed with trying to go to NZ in 2017, but it was just waaaaaay too expensive to even contemplate. Match tickets for the WC games worked out about £40 each, which is very reasonable. All the accommodation in Sapporo says 'please contact hotel for prices/availability', so we're going to do a homestay and stay with a Japanese family for a few days. Can't wait!

28 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh man... we toyed with trying to go to NZ in 2017, but it was just waaaaaay too expensive to even contemplate. Match tickets for the WC games worked out about £40 each, which is very reasonable. All the accommodation in Sapporo says 'please contact hotel for prices/availability', so we're going to do a homestay and stay with a Japanese family for a few days. Can't wait!

You HAVE to go(Lions to NZ)! Book well ahead and do it all by campervan

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

You HAVE to go(Lions to NZ)! Book well ahead and do it all by campervan

It'll be 2029 before it happens again... 🤣