Sign in to follow this  
JUBWICKS75

The Guardian

Looks like the play offs according to The Guardian, who would people fancy in that scenario?  Still think Hull could come in strong! 

15 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I haven't read the Guardian in years, are they the font of all knowledge when it comes to the Championship. 

They did win a prize last year for best football journalism, but in this case they're just basing it on my prediction on the "Halfway Prediction" thread ........😜

It's just an opinion piece, the writer has to offer an opinion and saying the current top 6 will be the same at the end of the season probably wasn't what his editor was looking for.

• Haha 1

I think that what is certain is that the final positions are uncertain at the moment. A couple of injuries to key men - as at Spurs - a sending off, a sudden run of form and things can quickly change.

If we win enough matches then we'll go up in the top two - yes this sounds obvious, but there was a point in 92/93 when we had 8 games to play, and if we had won all 8 we would have won the Premiership, as no one could have caught us - but not much was made of this fact at the time. 

I believe now that if we win 10 of our remaining 18 games with the balance being draws and losses (4 each), it should be enough for second. Beat SU and it's 9 of course, plus its 3 points they won't get. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sonyc said:

I believe now that if we win 10 of our remaining 18 games with the balance being draws and losses (4 each), it should be enough for second. Beat SU and it's 9 of course, plus its 3 points they won't get. 

Makes sense to me.  people always talk about 2 points per game being what you need for promotion, but obviously no team at present is achieving that !

If we continue with our PPG from day 1 for this season that comes in at 1.89 PPG which translates into the same extra points as your prediction (34) and should be enough for second.

Actually I'd be slightly disappointed if we end up on 87 points TBH - we've lost 5 games to date but 3 of those were in the first 5 when we hadn't quite got it together and there were some key personnel changes from then on too.

Having said that, 2 of those defeats were against Leeds and Sheff Utd !.  If we can get a win and draw from those results we're in a good place.  If we lose them both then we'll have to stop harping on about the fact that 3 of our defeats were in the first 5 games !!

Edited by It's Character Forming
Correction - can't have 5 defeats in 3 games...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

... we'll have to stop harping on about the fact that 5 of our defeats were in the first 3 games !!

Now that is a run of poor form!

😉

• Sad 1