Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Can Only Hope For Good News.

4 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

Hope Cardiff had him insured at the time of signing or a big financial loss for them 

What the **** is wrong with you? 

There is a time and a place for your schtik but this is neither.

• Like 9

It's horrible news, but the financial implications on Cardiff crossed my mind as well.  Doesn't detract from it being a tragedy if confirmed.

Let's just hope everyone is found safe and well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

What the **** is wrong with you? 

There is a time and a place for your schtik but this is neither.

He goes to games though so his trolling is all fine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Orly said:

It's horrible news, but the financial implications on Cardiff crossed my mind as well.  Doesn't detract from it being a tragedy if confirmed.

Let's just hope everyone is found safe and well.

Sure, I get what you're saying about that but the point is, it didn't really need bringing up in the first place.

The most important people in this are the families of the (potential) victims. Any other speculation on the financial side of things is...well... simply not needed.

People mentioned the human element I just expanded the debate to say there is also a financial impact on Cardiff.

i appreciate snowflakes would miss the systemic nature of my comment 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

People mentioned the human element I just expanded the debate to say there is also a financial impact on Cardiff.

Dear me... "Snowflakes"?? Again, not really appropriate in this instance. Anyway, there you go, entitled to post what you like. Sometimes it might be worth actually thinking about it though.

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

Having empathy, compassion and decent humanity doesn’t make anyone a “snowflake”, you silly ****.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Cardiff were expecting their new £18m signing to travel back to south Wales on Monday night !!

What has his price tag got to do with it?! Ridiculous comment.

29 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Having empathy, compassion and decent humanity doesn’t make anyone a “snowflake”, you silly ****.

Being well down the spectrum I admit I struggle with these emotions 

To take out the heat  my comment has generated, it is clearly a personal tragedy 

This is a sad story and real for the families and friends of both people.

One of my less consequential football thoughts was ; who would want to be player that replaces him? Very difficult.

1 hour ago, River End Canary said:

Being well down the spectrum I admit I struggle with these emotions 

To take out the heat  my comment has generated, it is clearly a personal tragedy 

Do you mean you are autistic? Genuine question.

Just now, River End Canary said:

Diagnosed and way down the spectrum isn’t it obvious with my limited social skills 

Difficult to tell just through text, some people are just trolls. If you're genuinely autistic then it explains a lot of your behaviour. If you'd said something sooner then you might have gotten more understanding from people!

18 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Difficult to tell just through text, some people are just trolls. If you're genuinely autistic then it explains a lot of your behaviour. If you'd said something sooner then you might have gotten more understanding from people!

Indeed, its a shame its not been mentioned before. We should all make reasonable adjustments.

If you believe the comment

Like getting a sick note for backache hard to prove one way or other

• Like 1

This is an extremely sad story. Watched the clip of him at the weekend excited to be getting to the Premiership and the pictures of him saying goodbye to his former teammates... the French Canaries club, Nantes. The sea and weather conditions last night were bad, with very cold temperatures. It seems impossible he is alive and I just feel for all his friends and relatives. Nantes have cancelled their next match of course.

This kind of story puts everything into perspective.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 3

I heard about this perhaps as little as 10 minutes before I boarded my plane from Kyiv to Heathrow today, it was saddening and also quite unnerving. Anyway, thoughts are with the pilot and his/her family also - as in the Leicester tragedy, sadly, all focus on the news seems to be solely on the footballer, which tells us a lot 👎

• Like 3

15 hours ago, daly said:

If you believe the comment

Like getting a sick note for backache hard to prove one way or other

Exactly.

Playing devil's advocate, as someone who used to work with autistic people for years, calling everyone 'snowflakes' because they don't agree with you doesn't seem an 'autistic thing', at all.

Obviously I accept I don't know it all, and I could be wrong. But on the face of it, it seems like a snap, attacking reaction in an attempt to explain away a misjudged, baiting comment. Which would be more true to character.

Edited by Flying Dutchman