I am reliably informed that he is having a medical for joining Reading. Good luck to him

Good luck to him, he has moved on, so have we. If we've saved some of his wages, all good. If he helps Reading survive, he condemns 1p5wich again, good. If he gets regular games he might have some value, happy with that as well. 

7 hours ago, Harry53 said:

I am reliably informed that he is having a medical for joining Reading. Good luck to him

as stated in a thread below

and on the Pinkun

Added to that, Reading still have to play all the sides at the top bar Derby. So let's hope he finds form and has a positive impact in all those games. 

7 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Good luck to him, he has moved on, so have we. If we've saved some of his wages, all good. If he helps Reading survive, he condemns 1p5wich again, good. If he gets regular games he might have some value, happy with that as well. 

28 minutes ago, makham said:

Added to that, Reading still have to play all the sides at the top bar Derby. So let's hope he finds form and has a positive impact in all those games. 

Yes indeed and with Marshall at Millwall, perhaps both those clubs can take some points off our rivals. Every little helps!

Hello Reading if you're reading this, Nelson is an incredible player. I am devastated to lose our main man. Please don't sign him, but if you must then I guess there's not much we can do... what with you being the bigger club and all.

• Like 1

Hope Nelson's attitude will have improved, Reading don't need a troublemaker rocking the boat.

In defence of Nelson. No other club he has been at have ever had trouble with his attitude and Swansea were keen to sign him last summer. He’d been on loan there before and they obviously didn’t think his attitude then has caused any problems. 

It is obvious he’s had a falling out with Farke, but we have only ever had Farke’s and Norwich’s side of the story. I guess when Nelson does go we might get a chance to understand what went wrong from his point of view. 

He is still a popular among Norwich players, he is seen eating out in the City with others fairly regularly so he can’t have been that awful. 

While his silly outburst at Fulham was lamentable that alone shouldn’t have caused such a breakdown between coach and player. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

Decent player badly man managed 

Doesn't fit the system, neither tactically nor mentally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

In defence of Nelson. No other club he has been at have ever had trouble with his attitude and Swansea were keen to sign him last summer. He’d been on loan there before and they obviously didn’t think his attitude then has caused any problems. 

It is obvious he’s had a falling out with Farke, but we have only ever had Farke’s and Norwich’s side of the story. I guess when Nelson does go we might get a chance to understand what went wrong from his point of view. 

He is still a popular among Norwich players, he is seen eating out in the City with others fairly regularly so he can’t have been that awful. 

While his silly outburst at Fulham was lamentable that alone shouldn’t have caused such a breakdown between coach and player. 

I'm going on nothing but my ailing memory here, but when we signed him, wasn't it well documented that his ego had been a bit of an issue at Forest? I'm pretty sure I remember it being seen as a bit of a gamble that we could keep his attitude and temperament in check.

Good player. But.... Too greedy for me. So often seemed to want to score even in poor positions.

Just think of him and I recall that first match and his reaction to his new manager. Yet Farke stuck with him in that season. I would have sacked him....but player power. No room for that attitude. There are other strikers about. We have moved on. And I hope he scores many for Reading.

The 4 letter word LOAN speaks for itself

Team

Apps (Gls)
2009–2016 Benfica 12 (0)
2010 → Rio Ave (loan) 12 (0)
2010–2011 → Paços Ferreira (loan) 31 (5)
2012–2013 → Deportivo La Coruña (loan) 30 (4)
2013–2014 → Rennes (loan) 30 (8)
2015 → Swansea City (loan) 10 (1)
2015–2016 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 28 (9)
2016– Norwich

Apps (Gls)
2009–2016 Benfica 12 (0)
2016– Norwich

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm going on nothing but my ailing memory here, but when we signed him, wasn't it well documented that his ego had been a bit of an issue at Forest? I'm pretty sure I remember it being seen as a bit of a gamble that we could keep his attitude and temperament in check.

Nottingham Forest tried to sign Nelson when Norwich did, so they weren’t that concerned by his ego. 

1 hour ago, daly said:

Apps (Gls)
2009–2016 Benfica 12 (0)
2016– Norwich

So? Benfica didn’t want to sell him so he went on loans. That is hardly Nelson’s fault is it? He was prepared to go play football rather than just stay at Benfica and pick up his wages - isn’t that considered a desirable characteristic? 

I don’t know what has happened in training or what has been said one way or the other. But just felt everyone was commenting how awful his attitude is, when he has never really showed that before. 

The idea he is some pariah in the squad and all the players will be glad to see the back of him, as some have suggested, certainly seems not to be the case. 

Obviously best for all concerned that Nelson goes but you do have to wonder it the whole thing could have been handled better. 

• Like 1

Good. Watching him put 0 effort into half the games we played last season is enough reason ignoring anything that may have gone on behind the scenes. 

53 minutes ago, Woodman said:

He's gone on loan, so can score some goals for Reading and can't play against us. Win win.

yep, can only benefit us as along with a bit of saved wages anything he helps take of other clubs at the top will help us

and anything he gains for Reading will not help the binners

hooray, as the might say in Portugal

.... if they spoke English

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Obviously best for all concerned that Nelson goes but you do have to wonder it the whole thing could have been handled better. 

Or maybe Nelson could have handled things better........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Nottingham Forest tried to sign Nelson when Norwich did, so they weren’t that concerned by his ego. 

So? Benfica didn’t want to sell him so he went on loans. That is hardly Nelson’s fault is it? He was prepared to go play football rather than just stay at Benfica and pick up his wages - isn’t that considered a desirable characteristic? 

I don’t know what has happened in training or what has been said one way or the other. But just felt everyone was commenting how awful his attitude is, when he has never really showed that before. 

The idea he is some pariah in the squad and all the players will be glad to see the back of him, as some have suggested, certainly seems not to be the case. 

Couldnt agree more, Bethnal. It does make me laugh when I read all this stuff about Nelson, it is so blatantly obvious that a couple of people decide that he’s ‘this and that’, and remarkably people hear it enough and have decided it’s gospel. Personally, I feel there probably has been a disagreement between manager and player regarding tactics, and I can’t say I totally blame Nelson IF that was the case (when Farke was finding his feet, Nelson was largely restricted to pot shots from range etc - which must be frustrating as hell for a man of his undoubted ability). Stuart Webber said there was no issue with Nelson, but instead of accepting a man’s word for once, SW was rubbished as fact, and it was decided it was all just part of making him a more saleable asset. But truth is, none of us really know. A very good striker when played to his strengths, he will undoubtedly improve Reading, of that I have no doubt.