Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Robert Eagle

4 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

"two peanuts walk up the road. one was assaulted" was the German attempt at the deadliest joke ever, according to Monty Python.

"My hovercraft is full of eels"

I don't think what he's supposed to have done is at all excusable.

What I will say is read the articles on what was said to have happened. No woman deserves to be treated that way, in my opinion, but what he's actually accused of is something that I know for a fact has happened in Mercy, and probably up and down nightclubs all over the country, for many a year. My sister has been 'groped' in this manner and probably countless other women.

Now, if I was there and saw someone do that to my little sis I'd certainly want to lump that person over the head with a chair. Which would lead to me getting arrested.

Again, not saying that women should ever have to endure this and bringing it to the attention of others and taking it to court should absolutely be the case. Hopefully it will help men learn to not be so overly amorous and expectant. Regardless of their standing.

Edited by BobLoz3

I would say that knowing him very well and the incident that occured that your pathetic comments above are irrelevant.

I totally agree that certain things, especially in this day and age should make people far more careful in what they do, but hes a fantastic young man, a lovely dad to 3 fantastic children he dotes on. Id like you to have all sat in the court room and listen to what was said as well as what the press DONT post before you make comments.

So unless you know facts (which you dont) id keep it quiet.

River End Canary

Obvious in your opinion anyone took to court is guilty.

Hope you are never on the jury should I have the misfortune to have to go to Crown Court

Hear the evidence and then make a comment should you be that concerned

6 hours ago, Holtsbigtoe said:

I would say that knowing him very well and the incident that occured that your pathetic comments above are irrelevant.

I totally agree that certain things, especially in this day and age should make people far more careful in what they do, but hes a fantastic young man, a lovely dad to 3 fantastic children he dotes on. Id like you to have all sat in the court room and listen to what was said as well as what the press DONT post before you make comments.

Edited by River End Canary

13 hours ago, Holtsbigtoe said:

Decent blokes generally don't grope women in nightclubs.

You're right, we don't know any more facts but i'm assuming the Jury did.

• Like 1

There is a thread about this on TWTD and a couple of comments saying what an unpleasant individual he is. As he plays for Leiston i assume these are from posters who know him from that connection and not because he was on our books. I could be wrong of course.

15 hours ago, Holtsbigtoe said:

If you're talking about what I posted (above this comment) then I'd read it again if I were you. It was a comment, not on the individual, but as a cursory warning that this kind of behaviour by men won't be tolerated anymore (not that it ever should have been). It's not even like it's a case where the person accused is of huge fame. The point is, don't be above your station and if a woman says NO then respect it.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

So he's a convicted **** pest but one of his mates says he's a good bloke so it is all OK then.

Spot on!

not just a convicted $ex Pest but I assume he will now appear on the $ex Offenders Register