Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Shinji Okazaki

It isn't even speculation- it is another of these stupid 'Club x should sign player y' clickbait articles. Hate them.

That said Okazaki is a great little player and in some ways might be a good fit here but his wages will be sizable and we don't really need another striker.

Surely not... would be an awesome signing on loan or permanent. Can't see it happening though; wages too much, don't really need to improve our striking options, and he'd probably be able to find a prem club interested in him as well.

11 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

... wages too much, don't really need to improve our striking options, and he'd probably be able to find a prem club interested in him as well.

For that reason I'm out.

So how would it work if we signed a player like this mid-season? Would he start before Pukki? Be 2nd or 3rd choice before Rhodes or Srbenny? Can't see us signing anyone tbh. Uness it's a youngster for the future.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So how would it work if we signed a player like this mid-season? Would he start before Pukki? Be 2nd or 3rd choice before Rhodes or Srbenny? Can't see us signing anyone tbh. Uness it's a youngster for the future.

Thinking as a loan to cover Teemu. If he gets injured it would likely have a serious impact.

All a bit of a gamble. And highly unlikely to be a goer anyway.

BUT THERE ISN'T EVEN A LINK

There is nothing in the article that suggests there is any interest from our side or that we've even considered him. It is literally some nobody on a football site saying 'Norwich should consider signing him' but it gets them a bunch of lovely clicks.

I think we should be considering a move for Karlan Grant from Charlton but it doesn't mean we are.

I do wonder at where we would be should Teemu pick up an injury - Rhodes is decent but we don’t have a lot of experience beneath that.  It might be tricky finding a striker who would come to sit on the bench, but a little more depth wouldn’t go amiss.

44 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do wonder at where we would be should Teemu pick up an injury - Rhodes is decent but we don’t have a lot of experience beneath that.  It might be tricky finding a striker who would come to sit on the bench, but a little more depth wouldn’t go amiss.

If you're playing a system that usually has one up top you're not going to be able to stockpile 4 experienced strikers. I think Pukki with Rhodes as back up is as good as we can expect really.

• Like 1

Farke is loyal and he won't risk upsetting the group.... and neither should he.    Okazaki is a good player but he's a Premiership 'substitute' player..... Remember Naismith...a Premiership substitute.       If we sign anyone they need to grow into this team, work their way in.   Farke hasn't operated any other way and subsequently we now have this spirit.       If we did go all the way this season then we have to let this lot have their go at the Premiership..... Fulham ripped the heart and spirit out of their team on promotion and what a balls up that's been. 

Probably the hardest worker in the Prem but not a scorer of goals. Teemu is not only a hard worker but a scorer pf goals. So there is a big difference. If he was injured then I think Jordan would do well for us. Teemu has scored all his goals bar one inside the 18 yard box. And I think Jordan would do the same.

Agreed, I think Okazaki would be a good fit in this team in a lot of ways but he's not someone we need to bring in now. Possible summer signing maybe if we were to go up? His Premier League experience would make him a better option than Srbeny and possibly Rhodes at that level I'd suggest. For now though, no thanks - Much rather get a LB in as cover.