Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Danny Mills

Did anybody see that doughnut on sky sports,Talk about a Leeds lover should remember we’re it all started.Mind you he hasn’t got brain

Who can blame him for falling in love with such a massive club who were once champions of Europe....apparently, though I've struggled to find any record of it?

Player and club perfectly suited methinks.

I think it’s fair to say he was significantly more successful at Leeds. He does always appear to have a massive chip on his shoulder about Norwich though. Having played against him at school on a number of occasions, I’ve no idea how he ended up as first choice right back at a World Cup! 

"Danny has a hard time getting people to like him. "

Not my opinion but a direct quote from his school reports from Sprowston High School.

Thought they might question stamping against Brum to Gallagher and would have expected Mills to say it was deserved.  Probably bitter about a career that was mediocre at best no great shakes as a pundit.  SSN has record of using numpties though and presenters can read autocue but are ignorant of the correct pronunciation esp Irish racecourses.  Don't get me started on the idiot they have entering the words along the bottom of the screen English not a first language obviously.  

Thought they might question stamping against Brum to Gallagher 

Did they not show the three major incidents to Gallagher? Any one of them merited discussion at least.

2 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

Not my opinion but a direct quote from his school reports from Sprowston High School.

"Danny has a hard time getting people to like him........and sadly never quite managed it"

Lucky to get as far as he did in his career, average player who tried to be a hard man but didn`t quite get there. As a pundit he is poor, surely a good pundit should be someone thats proved themselves at being both a top quality player and has a respected opinion, he is neither.

Always was a bit of a chump who never got over the fact that we let him leave.Also an inflated ego nowhere as talented as the boys we have in our first team at the moment.

Just find him painfully irrelevant to be honest. Which isnt a problem because quite clearly the feeling is mutual. 

Whilst I agree with all above he must have had something as a player as his stats suggest:=

995–1998 Norwich City 66 (0)
1998–1999 Charlton Athletic 45 (3)
1999–2004 Leeds United 101 (3)
2003–2004  Middlesbrough (loan) 28 (0)
2004–2009 Manchester City 51 (1)
2006  Hull City (loan) 9 (0)
2007  Charlton Athletic (loan) 19 (0)
2008  Derby County (loan) 2 (0)
Total   321 (7)
National team
1994–1995 England U18 2 (0)
1998–2000 England U21 14 (3)
2001–2004 England

And the cnut was born in NORWICH according to wiki.

Edited by BroadstairsR

On 21/01/2019 at 13:51, TCCANARY said:

Think Rhodes had a similar claim from Kesgrave! 

21 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Mr Danny Mills and Andy Townsend must suffer from the same selective football career memory state......

Both are dreadful pundits. My wife, who has no interest in football whatsoever, actively dislikes Andy Townsend, as even she - by just being in the same room as the telly, can see that he states the obvious and contributes nothing to the commentary. 

Both should have some form of psychotherapy to be in such denial.

Townsend was a decent player for us and I quite liked him until he began removing us from his CV. Mills was a thug with a small amount of talent and an IQ to match.

On 21/01/2019 at 13:50, Clint said:

I think it’s fair to say he was significantly more successful at Leeds. He does always appear to have a massive chip on his shoulder about Norwich though. Having played against him at school on a number of occasions, I’ve no idea how he ended up as first choice right back at a World Cup! 

Is that a pun Clint. Wasn’t he shipped out following a fracas he got involved in, in a local establishment in Magdalen Street?

My friend and I once encountered him in Ritzy's walking round introducing himself to people randomly and saying "Hi i'm Danny Mills" as if we were supposed to be impressed. We just laughed at him. Comes across as supremely arrogant when he's on 6O6 (basically just belittles anyone whose opinion he doesn't agree with) and just seems to have a massive chip on his shoulder about Norwich for some reason. Clearly did not enjoy his childhood or something.

Not intentionally City 2nd but I’ll claim it!

I’d forgotten about that but it does ring a bit of a bell with me now. People used to have regular ‘run ins’ with the players back then so seems pretty plausible.