Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Could this be the day ?

Another crap performance against decidedly average opponents.

Poor defending, no creativity, no organisation, weird substitutions, no improvement at half time, no conviction - just more rubbish.

Could it finally be the end for Worthington ? (please)

Did anyone else see a comment by John Fashanu at the start of the season where he said Worthy would be out by Christmas because his luck had run out. I was surprised when I read that at the time; now it seems quite possible. I wonder what fashanu knew? There has been a malaise all season and this was an insiders view.

IMO opinion the city prem squad should never have been relegated,

worthy seem to lose it after promotion and made a wierd decisions that

cost us dearly. fash was probably guessing that slide would continue

having made up his own mind about worthy.

I believe worthy had started to turn it around, but the millwall home

game was a disaster and a turning point, the momentum has been against

us ever since.

It''s difficult to get an accurate picture from the commentary but I have supported Worthy while I have felt he was showing fight and resolve. Today, he appeared to be sat on the bench with a disconsolate team he couldn''t rouse at half time. He will have to say something pretty impressive in interview now to convince me he has still got it in him.

No! So far they''ve (the board) have behaved like ostriches. Will this latest result make any change?  I doubt it very much - two more defeats MAY make them re-consider. I know, it''s unbelievable.

I, like all, bloody hope so!!!!!!

''WORHTY OUT
WORHTY OUT
WORHTY OUT!''

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]A fan has called Canary Call and said Delia was in the crowd today. I wonder how significant this is?[/quote]

Did she leave early as well ?

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]A fan has called Canary Call and said

Delia was in the crowd today. I wonder how significant this is?[/quote]

Pretty significant apparently, she started the worthy out chants.

Seriously though, if she was there gauging opinion, lets hope the fans

didn''t bottle out teeling her, like at the shareholders meeting.

Apparently she was also in the crowd at Coventry. Not sure what the relevance is, might just be a lack of seats in the director''s box at both of these new shiny, flat-pack mcstadiums...

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]It''s difficult to get an accurate picture from the commentary but I have supported Worthy while I have felt he was showing fight and resolve. Today, he appeared to be sat on the bench with a disconsolate team he couldn''t rouse at half time. He will have to say something pretty impressive in interview now to convince me he has still got it in him.[/quote]

Credit for doing an interview but he sounded flat and beaten. I think Worthy has learned to pick his words carefully in these interviews so will sound ponderous and hesitant anyway but there doesn''t seem to be a plan in his head to change things.

The players surely can''t support or fear/respect him. This is like the boxing champion who goes on too long and taints his reputation.

I do not want to see my club pulling itself apart and have backed the management to show solidarity in a relegation battle but there is no room for too much sentimentality in football and objective decisions are required for the overall wellbeing of the club.

Changes to playing staff have been made and little has changed as a result. I thought we had hit the necessary low point and were moving on. Sadly, Millwall away was clearly not that point.

I don''t support Norwich to see them win cups every year; success is measured in different terms and is no less satisfying. As a bottom line I expect to see the Club doing the best it can with the resources at it''s disposal and it is here where we are failing.

Sorry Nigel,  but I feel it is time for you to exit the stage; too many of your players have been disingenuous. It would be best if things did not drag on too long.

Have a feeling this could be his last game the norfolk interview seemed like a resigned man to me.I have a sneaky feeling after today he might offer his resignation its just whether delia accepts it.

worthy was obviously given another chance after the wolves games, had

the resources to bring good quality players in - but the same thing

happens, their perfomances drop down to the level of the others, no one

seems capable of lifting the team.

Todays subbing of thorne who sounded our biggest threat seemed madness

at the time, and we only went on to create one good chance in the

second half. derby were comfortably in charge all match.

After today, I can''t see how delia & co can allow worthy to carry on - its becoming painful to watch.

I thought Worthington had lost it when he put Malky on the transfer

list a week before the Prem season started.  We''ve had no real

leader on the field since then and we''ve shown it.  I''ve been

behind him since but now I can''t see any future in him staying.

[quote user="Strappy"]I thought Worthington had lost it when he put Malky on the transfer list a week before the Prem season started.  We''ve had no real leader on the field since then and we''ve shown it.  I''ve been behind him since but now I can''t see any future in him staying.
[/quote]

If you had to trace it back then this is as good a starting point as any.

Worthy has to go before its gets really personal and nasty at games and I don''t want that to happen, this also applies to Delia, by supporting him, she drives a wedge between the fans (us) and her.

Every week we fall deeper into the mire. If he had any honour left in him (he hasn''t) he''d resign tonight. I don''t believe he really cares for the club, otherwise he''d go, or he''s so damn arrogant he really does believe he can turn it round.

If thats the case, then we''re bloody well doomed!.

If he''s still in charge by the Saints game and we lose that, a vocal and visible protest has to be made. We can''t be expected to put up with this any longer.

It''s time for a change. Worthington did a great job transforming us, Cardiff and getting us up but since then he has struggled. Thanks for the memories, but please admit defeat.

The problems are

* A lack of imagination in the transfer Market

* Useless substitutions, lack of imagination

* Playing players out of position, please tell me has he ever bought an out and out winger

* lost the players and always falling out with them

I think Worthy is a good manager. But there is nothing more that he can do for us, he has gone as far as he can. I for one am extremely grateful for what he has done but unless the club takes action we are going to be in serious relegation danger. Worthington must see now that there is nothing he can do

i went today, when we started the "we want worthy" out chants he gave a foul look towards us away fans.

The Derby manager by contrast got himself sent to the stands for arguing a decision to vociferously... all worthless did today was sit on the dug out looking at his little bit of paper.... i dont know whats written on this bit of paper but im guessinbg its how to be a footy manager".

jas :)

surely better to go now can''t see us beating crewe and if worthy is in charge v southampton i can see problems with the crowd developing

I agree with Wiz. Nigel is a nice man and has done a lot for the club. Now is the best time to leave, with his respect and the fans will like him for what he did for the club. If he doesnt then it could get nasty.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

It''s time for a change. Worthington did a great job transforming us, Cardiff and getting us up but since then he has struggled. Thanks for the memories, but please admit defeat.

The problems are

* A lack of imagination in the transfer Market

* Useless substitutions, lack of imagination

* Playing players out of position, please tell me has he ever bought an out and out winger

* lost the players and always falling out with them

[/quote]

Giving it a bit of lateral thought   , If I was in Nigels shoes  I WOULD try to lose the players !  [ I use that term loosely ]      ,  I don`t know how they`ve got the brass neck  to draw their wages  with performances like todays !