Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

If you had to lose one game out of the next three...

Heart says - Leeds. Head says - Ipswich. 

But it doesn’t mattter as we won’t be losing any of them.

• Like 2

I say again that the 3rd slot is the one we must concern ourselves mostly with. We must not give Sheff. U a three point  gain on us. in one fell swoop.                         

Either us or Leeds for top  spot ,  don't care as  long as  we are second..

Therefore a defeat at Leeds, obvious innit.

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I say again that the 3rd slot is the one we must concern ourselves mostly with. We must not give Sheff. U a three point  gain on us. in one fell swoop.                         

Either us or Leeds for top  spot ,  don't care as  long as  we are second..

Therefore a defeat at Leeds, obvious innit.

This exactly. We only need one of the two spots, begrudgingly, Leeds can have their day so long as they beat the rest of the chasing pack on their way. I hate sheff it’s more than Leeds anyway. 

Not losing is important and two wins and a draw in any combination would be great.  A draw against Sheff Utd wouldn't be a bad result. Nor against Leeds as long as we win the other two. Having to think about losing a match is beyond my comprehension.....:classic_wacko:

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

I know I risk being banned for this...But if we HAD to lose one I’d let the scum have their small victory (on proviso they still go down).

I’d so love Farke and this team to get promoted and have the success they deserve and beating Leeds and Sheffield will give us 3 points and also prevent them getting 3.

Feel sick admitting that! And confident we can in fact win all 3!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I know I risk being banned for this...But if we HAD to lose one I’d let the scum have their small victory (on proviso they still go down).

Get out.

If we beat Leeds and Sheffield United the league would look very good for Norwich. I'd then take a defeat against those down the road as long as we start winning again straight after.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

If we beat Leeds and Sheffield United the league would look very good for Norwich. I'd then take a defeat against those down the road as long as we start winning again straight after.

Yep. Same here. We would be odds on for promotion. Nicely, we play LU and SU first however. 

They are going down. Cannot see us lose against them either.

Lambert will make it all about him, take away the pressure from his players. There is a little more karma to come for him when he returns, I hope. He hasn't yet had a taste of humble pie that his behaviour last time he was at Carrow Road deserves.

Never, ever want us to lose to Ipswich, whatever the circumstances! So probably Leeds, as said above I don't care if we finish 1st or 2nd, just as long as we aren't pipped to either position by Sheff Utd.

It's a good position to be in, two against our closest rivals and a local derby. Time to make our mark and make people believe !

Edited by SwindonCanary

Other than the Birmingham game - which must have put fear into the hearts of all our remaining opponents - our biggest recent result was not losing at WBA. Not because we got a point but because they didn't get three. So given the construct of the question then the answer must be Ipswich as all that means is we get no points, Ipswich getting three is irrelevant to us. In the other two games however if we lose it automatically means we also lose our relative position against them. So as much as it pains me to say it - Ipswich. 

• Like 1

Definitely Leeds for me. I couldn't bring myself to countenance a defeat to the filth, and I also hate Sh*tfield United more than Leeds. Wilder is an absolute clart, and I want to see his fat whiney face red with rage after next Saturday. I've always liked Bielsa as a coach, and I quite admire his balls over the 'Spygate' affair.

I hate them all

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Definitely Leeds for me. I couldn't bring myself to countenance a defeat to the filth, and I also hate Sh*tfield United more than Leeds. Wilder is an absolute clart, and I want to see his fat whiney face red with rage after next Saturday. I've always liked Bielsa as a coach, and I quite admire his balls over the 'Spygate' affair.

I hate them all

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

How does that even make sense?

He means: would you rather we beat Ipswich in the derby but failed to gain promotion, or lost to Ipswich in the derby and were successful in gaining promotion? Entirely hypothetical question, of course.

If we had to lose one, I’d want to lose the one that had the least impact on our potential for success. Quite honestly, I’d want what’s best for us irrespective of who the opposition is. 

Taking this to the next step, assuming you could only get 4 points from these 3 games, which would you want to win, draw, lose?

It's the same four points either way...

8 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Taking this to the next step, assuming you could only get 4 points from these 3 games, which would you want to win, draw, lose?

It's the same four points either way...

Beat Sheffield United, Draw with Leeds and Lose to Ipswich 😭

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I’m glad I don’t have to answer - it’ll be what it is, I’m enjoy the ride!

unbeaten in all 3 games is what I want. Keeping the run going against the scum is important in itself 😎

With you there ICF. 

Er, let’s be real - the slim possibility of missing out on Premier League football with one of *the* outstanding Norwich teams in many a year - V - losing our surely record breaking unbeaten run against the scum?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA