Sign in to follow this  
Taylor324

Ipswich Run In!

No games are easy in the Championship of course but that's a tough looking run in 

Hopefully Lambert will take some points from the big boys but you wouldn't want that run in when you are adrift at the bottom

As long as they beat Leeds on the final day I’m good with whatever else they do 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First Wazzock said:

I'm wondering if they will win another game this season...

They’ll probably still be creaming their pants about Lambert even if they don’t. Paying for that coach has cemented his legend status. The most exciting thing that’s happened for them in years.

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

As long as they beat Leeds on the final day I’m good with whatever else they do 🙂 

And Sheff Utd in their penultimate fixture.

But we'll be up by then anyway...😙

22 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Have I missed the run in but of the post?

Just check out their remaining games

It looks like the highlight of their season was Lambert paying for a coach for supporters to watch their latest defeat - Probably money well spent as it will give him another few weeks in the job

I'm just wondering what he's going to come up with next week. If it's not dragging in the 'legends ' it's paying for the coach. Then there's the open letter to supporters and a whole bunch of freebies and journeymen to 'help ' meanwhile,  everyone, Evans, the Board, the coaching staff, the players, the fans and the tea lady have all been 'brilliant '... I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next week. 

14 hours ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Still think he'll keep them up as Reading, Bolton and Rotherham are awful.

Agree, certainly  more than a chance

Edited by JUBWICKS75

15 hours ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Still think he'll keep them up as Reading, Bolton and Rotherham are awful.

It's really looking like three from those four to drop. They are very lucky not to be out of contention with 18 points at this stage. Thing to remember is however bad those three are Ipswich are equally as bad and have 8 points to catch up.

one week one of them will win a game surely!

Can Ipswich get out of their predicament? 

Obviously yes they can, they are only two wins and two draws from overtaking the team in 21st, however that is the solution now, not at the end of the season. As it stands the points, points per game, final points estimate and recent form for the bottom four teams (assuming Bolton loses v WBA Monday) are - 

Rotherham   25 _ 0.89 _ 41  LLLWLL  3
Reading        23 _ 0.82 _ 38  LLDLWL  4
Bolton           22 _ 0.79 _ 36  LLWDLL  4
Ipswich        18 _ 0.64 _ 30   DLLLWL  4

The gap to 21st currently at 7 points is projected to grow to 11 points, requiring 4 additional wins to exceed 41 points, or restated they need 24 points over 18 games.

The problem is they only got 4 points over the past 6 games - luckily for them it was against Rotherham - and they need 8. If we break their games down they would need a results pattern like this to do that: 

Villa(a) : Sheff W(h) : Norwich(a) : Derby(h) : Stoke(h) : Wigan(a) = DWLLDW = 8

Reading(h) : WBA(a) : Bristol(a) : Forest(h) : Hull (h) : Bolton(a) : = WLDLDW = 8

Brentford(a) : B'ham(h) : Preston(a) : Swansea(h) : Sheff U(a) : Leeds(h) = DWDWLL = 8

I’ll leave you to judge the probability of that happening. 
Edited by Surfer

As we have only recently turned the corner of the season it stands to reason that all the clubs at the bottom have similarly difficult run-ins.

I think it will be three from five. Rotherham have enough about them to stay up, so it may depend on how well Wigan do. Given that Will Giggs injured his ankle on Saturday, and that Sunderland were trying to buy him anyway, Wigan may be Lambo's best hope.

10 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

As we have only recently turned the corner of the season it stands to reason that all the clubs at the bottom have similarly difficult run-ins.

The problem for the binners is that they still have not made up ground and the games are getting less. In fact had the Rotherham game been Leeds instead they would most likely be sitting 1i points off safety.

They've not scored away since Nov 10th and have only picked up 5 points away aout of a possible 42 - letting in more goals away than we have in total all season.

Whether Lambert can improve things now he has been able to bring in new players we shall have to see. But if they tip up here with less than 20 points on the board I would suggest it is all over for them, as it is clearly a lost cause at poorman road.

I can see  2 maybe 3 wins and probably a couple of draws in there. Saturday's result was inevitable with several new additions, if they start to gel it could change, still think it's a big ask and games are running out. 

Edited by JUBWICKS75
Spelling