Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

1p5wich, are they only taking one coach load of supporters?

Based on this and a few of the other things he's done it looks like he might actually be up for sticking with them even if they go down.

Or he's just trying to change the mood around the club to give them the best shot at getting out of it this season (or both I suppose). Looking at his signings so far, Judge and Collins especially, I could see them winning Championship football matches.

Personally don't really care,. If they go down then great. If they stay up then they'll likely take points from some of our rivals at the top.

They are putting their tickets for our game on general sale on Monday. Can't even sell out a derby game between their ST and Members. Oh dear.

Edited by kick it off

6 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Wonder if he will ask for a refund ? 

Wonder if he’s seen Marcus put everything on the ITFC debt tab and thinks he can do the same

Re sticking with them: at this point in time his reputation is shot - so if they go down he may as well stay there and rebuild with youth talent as he won’t get another job elsewhere. On the other hand if he keeps them up he’ll have given himself the opportunity to stay or walk away to another championship or overseas team. 

The one thing he can’t have is being fired again.

Edited by Surfer

Can't get any decent players in, so hoping fans can win them games. 

Lambert has had his time in the sun. I don't dislike the man, I don't really care. He wants to come to carrow road and be booed, but he's not really doing anything worth booeing. Christ, imagine his his face if we all clap and cheer him. 

Quite honestly if when he takes his place in the dugout on Feb 10th he gets booed those doing it need to have a word with themselves.

15 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lambert has had his time in the sun. I don't dislike the man, I don't really care. He wants to come to carrow road and be booed, but he's not really doing anything worth booeing. Christ, imagine his his face if we all clap and cheer him. 

I would think a few hearty choruses of "There's only one Paul Lambert" should do the trick? 😉

• Haha 1

I'd prefer a rousing chorus of

'You can't polish a turd"

"You can't polish a turd"

"Paul Lambert, you can't polish a turd"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

I would think a few hearty choruses of "There's only one Paul Lambert" should do the trick? 😉

I said this a few weeks ago,  it acknowledges the fine work that he did here while at the same time recognizes the stirling effort he has made to relegate our rivals. 

Where is King Keano? Poor bloke was all over this forum like a rash untile exactly 1 game post our first derby of the season. 

9 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Yep, that's how I see it as well

And to wind up the binners I think a few choruses of

"Paul Lambert, he's one of us'

or better still

"Paul Lambert he's working for us"

Otherwise managers and players come and go - rivalry doesn't and there are plenty this side of the border who have had to live through the years of scum gloating so will take great delight in ripping the pizz out of them.

Forget Lambert, the taunting should be aimed at that ragbag of mock cockneys, hobledy hoys and village idiots.

Agent lamberts one of us, one of us, one of us.......,

that would be amusing

I’ve thought it a lot lately. Lambert is one of those characters that thrives in the hate of rivalry. To applaud him or best of all treat him as any other manager would flummox him I reckon and ruin his moment.

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Agent lamberts one of us, one of us, one of us.......,

that would be amusing

I’ve thought it a lot lately. Lambert is one of those characters that thrives in the hate of rivalry. To applaud him or best of all treat him as any other manager would flummox him I reckon and ruin his moment.

I think If we gave him a hero's welcome he'd wave back, such is the ego of the man. 

It's going to be fun no doubt.

I predict there will be negative chants towards him specifically initially. However, by the time we are clear over the horizon there will be a huge chorus of 'there's only one paul lambert', with lots of laughing and p155 taking.

And I for one can not wait.

Bring it on!

I was at Colchester when he came out of the tunnel and saluted our fans. PL got massive stick from the Colchester fans. He absolutely loved it. A huge round of applause from us would knock the **** out of him. It should be done.

19 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Wonder if he’s seen Marcus put everything on the ITFC debt tab and thinks he can do the same

Ha ha . He's probably still got a tab outstanding at Dunston Hall.

Presumably as he loves Ipswich so much he has bought a house?

I can't wait..if we play this right we will score 4 or 5, chambers or/Collins will be sent off and Lambert will have nowhere to hide..

Really want to see Scum react to Farke celebrating with the Barclay. Hopefully he will time it for when Lambert goes to applaud his minions.

But being football it could all go horribly wrong too and Lambert has a habit of winning derbys.

But we have bigger games before then.