Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

So, here's how the Blues fans saw it...

Fair play to the Blues fans who as a collective have been gracious in defeat and very complimentary about us. A few whinging about the ref and the commentator but others quickly put them right. Nice to see opposition fans take it on the chin without the petty sourness you get from Sheff Utd etc. Monk also very complimentary and said it was the right result..... Selection of comments below taken from their match thread: https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2619582

"Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit you've been outplayed. Norwich have been better than us everywhere on the pitch, it isn't any one players fault. They have played the game faster and sharper than us, used every inch of the big pitch, kept the ball brilliantly, moved it quickly and hassled us into mistakes. I've seen some already blaming the usual scapegoats when the truth is, we've just being given a 45 minute football lesson. "

"Lets face it Norwich are better than us ,they look like scoring every time they get near our box-their ball retention is superb as is their pass and move ."

"I agree that the third was poor defending, but Norwich look a bloody good team, one of the best I’ve seen"

"we are being schooled, no shame against a team playing this well,"

"Let’s not all get hysterical. We’ve been ok. We can’t be expected to compete with the likes of Norwich and haven’t done that badly"

"Yes far too much time for Norwich though our players simply can’t cope with their movement and mobility."

"Our defending has been shocking. But sometimes you just got to hold your hands up and say that actually Norwich are a bloody good side."

"No shame in this. Norwich just a way better team."

"we could play this game all night and we don't look like scoring. They really look a cut above us tonight. Pukki for them is a real menace up front and they have a serious amount of pace down the wings"

"They were just better. End of. Like watching us play a Lower prem team if I'm honest. Just stronger and quicker in all areas. One thing specifically that killed us in the second is they simply didn't let us have the ball. Vassell has barely touched it."

"Quite impressed with norwich, mainly the running off the ball especially in the first half. "

Edited by kick it off

Nice to read other fans being complimentary, no idea what the Sky commentators were saying but they must surely have been creaming themselves over the first half performance. There have been some good perfomances this season but that first half...wow!

Edited by Van wink

I actually thought that was a very good performance in the first half, but didn't reach the pace and precision of the first half an hour vs Derby. Opinions hey?!

Couldn't argue with that Crabby, I think my memory of that game is probably tainted by how it ended.!

Interesting to note in the context of “we can’t be expected to compete with the likes of Norwich” that according to transfermarket.com our Summer spend was - (minus) £32,400,000 (i.e., a net income of that figure) whilst Birmingham’s was only - £2,500,000.   But no, they can't expect to compete with us.

What a job Farke and Webber have done.

1 hour ago, Empty Mirror said:

Interesting to note in the context of “we can’t be expected to compete with the likes of Norwich” that according to transfermarket.com our Summer spend was - (minus) £32,400,000 (i.e., a net income of that figure) whilst Birmingham’s was only - £2,500,000.   But no, they can't expect to compete with us.

What a job Farke and Webber have done.

It didnt feel like that all those years ago in Cardiff, always a satisfying feeling beating them.