Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Birmingham*****

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Don’t suppose they said anything on the commentary about the injury?

already had a strapping on his thigh apparently

Would be nice to get just one more- not totally confident in our ability to hold this sort of lead. 

Incidentally would quite like Che Adams here.

21 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Just hope Buendia was taken off as a precaution. Need his creativity the next couple of weeks especially.

Don’t suppose they said anything on the commentary about the injury?

Sorry, don’t know why that happened.

i was going to say although Birmingham are supposed to be a fit side, the longer it goes on, the more I I think they’ll tire. 

Think the ref needs to start threatening more yellow cards before we sustain another injured player.

I'm feeding off scraps here aboard Queen Mary 2 off the coast of Israel. Anyone got thr radio Norfolk commentary link? 

Just now, Ramrod said:

I'm feeding off scraps here aboard Queen Mary 2 off the coast of Israel. Anyone got thr radio Norfolk commentary link? 

Search for Doctor Dublin on YouTube.

• Thanks 1

Important win after our last few results, and to do it all in the first half is nice. Let’s hope the Swans help us tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

We are proving two points: (1) we play beautiful football going forward; (2) we can score goals. We are yet to prove we can hold onto leads. 

Point 3 ... Proved😉

• Like 1

Don't know whether the sitting back in the 2nd half was a plan or not but I guess they thought Birmingham were no threat, apart from kicking them up the jacksie, and could just close the game down.

But that is a good response against a team we would expect to beat before we meet some tougher opposition. 

Keep our fingers crossed results go our way tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't know whether the sitting back in the 2nd half was a plan or not but I guess they thought Birmingham were no threat, apart from kicking them up the jacksie, and could just close the game down.

But that is a good response against a team we would expect to beat before we meet some tougher opposition. 

Keep our fingers crossed results go our way tomorrow.

It seemed so odd to watch KG. Normally we are camped round the opposition penalty area. Birmingham seemed so not bothered to press. Almost like they were winning not us. It was a comfortable second half for us. We did all the hard work in the first half.

Noticeable we lost a lot of momentum after Buendia got kicked off.

Disgusting tactics from Monk's side. Basically just tried to cripple us. I fear it's going to be like this for the rest of the season.

Fantastic result. Back to wining ways...A few of my thoughts;

• Back to our best first half. Aarons, Lewis and Buendia make all the difference. 
  • Trybull was rightly MOM. great display for 90 minutes 
  • Disappointed with Cantwell, is it a coincidence our good play tailed off when he came on for Buendia?
  • Subs - Vrancic and Steiperman played well first half, but looked knackered in the second. I thought Farke should have introduced Mclean sooner. 

Hopefully Buendia's injury is only minor. He was outstanding before is departure. Now to enjoy the football tomorrow. Some tough games for our promotion rivals. OTBC. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 2

The stamp on Vrancic could get the Birmingham player retrospective punishment. A disgrace really

Edited by sonyc