Sign in to follow this  
Bird Table

Nominate.... Mark Bowen

I''m probably being wildly optimistic here, but my choice for Worhington''s replacement is Mark Bowen. A popular ex-Canary who''s done good work as assistant manager at Birmingham and Blackburn. Now I know that those two teams don''t play the prettiest football in the world, but during his time with them they''ve had exactly what we need at the moment - hard work, effort, commitment and a bit of fight. Bowen helped to install that into a relegation bound Blackburn last season and he should be approached to do the same to our relegation bound club this season.

Any thoughts?

Thoughts?  A damn good call but a mightly big gamble.  He''s obviously a very good coach.  I don''t think it''s any coincidence that Blackburn''s performances have been up this year since he''s gone there, and Birmingham have looked a shadow of their side last year since he left.  Coaches becoming managers can work.  However, as Bryan Hamilton, Brian Kidd and John Deehan have shown it can also go disaterously wrong.  You need very different qualities to be a manager.

It could work, but it could go spectacularly tits up

Bowen has served a good apprenticeship at charlton, birmingham & now blackburn. 

At charlton he helped them get promoted.  did the same at

birmingham and you could argue since he left, birmingham have been on a

downer.  blackburn are looking much better this season.

He could be ripe for trying his hand at being a manager now.