Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The shepherd calls his flock....

Bit creepy that. Doing worse than McCarthy but the atmosphere is great. Hanging on to them by a thread. His record is marginally better than Hursts at the moment. And beating Rotherham, who apparently were the better team is not conclusive.

So, we are now ‘that lot up the road’ to him, he’s sounding more like Roy Keane by the day - his return will be interesting though, forget Villa, this is going to be a different level. 

Lambert:

"I’ve never known a crowd to be like this when their team is bottom of the league."

That's quite a compliment to their supporters when you consider the vast experience he has had of bottom of the league clubs. Or is he saying that there was less delusion at Villa, Blackburn, Wolves, Stoke etc.

Dear oh dear... What a sycophantic little creep of a man! 😂

Good luck, Paul. The last sentence sums it all up...

"What will happen, will happen, but it will be a great ride that’s for sure."

Yes Paul. A great ride downwards into League One and beyond...

To be fair the average Ipswich supporter is probably pretty similar to their northern counterpart. We "Volk" - either "Nord" or Sud"- share common Angle roots after all. Which is why we shouldn't deny them the unique experience of a relegation fight, nor the positive experience of at least one season in League 1 - look what was achieved "up the road" here and also at Man City, Southampton and Wolves after a L1 refresher. And it's another positive that you can visit all of those "new if you haven't been here before" grounds with standing room only - i.e. they ain't got no seats to sit on. Maybe they can flog theirs off too to raise funds to compensate for the lower revenues they will enjoy as well 🙂

I can't bothered to read all of that. I assume that beating Rotherham at home was up there with beating Spurs in the Prem away from home in 2012.   To be fair , looking at his record since he left us for Villa ,  it probably is

It's not just the fans he grovelling to, it's ME as well........

"When it was put to him that Evans had invested significantly in his signings - both Will Keane and Collin Quaner are understood to be on wages in the region of £20,000 a week - Lambert was keeping his cards close to his chest while praising the Blues’ owner.

“James Collins has come in, not attached. Simon Dawkins came in, not attached. Callum Elder comes from Leicester, Collin Quaner came from Huddersfield, Will Keane came from Hull and Judge came from Brentford,” he listed.

“Two guys who are unattached and everybody else came in [on loan]. Marcus has been absolutely brilliant.

“We’ve targeted a lot of players over the last few weeks, he’s been really, really great with it.

“We’ve no ill feeling or anything with Marcus, it’s always been really good. We talk a lot, he comes in a lot of times to see us, so there’s no problem that way.

“As I said before, he’s been great on everything. I don’t want people to think that he’s anything other than a really supportive owner, which the football club needs and he’s been absolutely brilliant for us.”

Ugh!!

The fact that he’s only had to pay for 50 coach tickets tells you everything you need to know about their “ fantastic “ support

This could easily backfire on them Frank, get a big crowd in and then get stuffed 4 or 5 nil and they won't be returning in a hurry. 🤣