Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Transfer gossip

34 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Tony Andreu back to Hamilton. Seen this and shook my head. Waste of a signing and back where he started(success wise) with more cash to show for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46895626

"We wanted to add quality at the top end of the pitch and we know Tony has that. I obviously know him well and I'm looking forward to working with him again - he's a top professional with a great attitude and he's only going to drive up the standard among the group in training and in games."

Christ! How low's the standard?!

42 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Tony Andreu back to Hamilton. Seen this and shook my head. Waste of a signing and back where he started(success wise) with more cash to show for it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46895626

Alex Neil's obsession with signing 'number 10' type players while already owning Wes was one of the more baffling transfer strategies.

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

"We wanted to add quality at the top end of the pitch and we know Tony has that. I obviously know him well and I'm looking forward to working with him again - he's a top professional with a great attitude and he's only going to drive up the standard among the group in training and in games."

Christ! How low's the standard?!

Seriously low because... Scottish football!

Probably has something to do with Neil Doncaster... haha

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Alex Neil's obsession with signing 'number 10' type players while already owning Wes was one of the more baffling transfer strategies.

Agreed, felt sorry for Andreu as I don't think he ever played that badly just never got a chance. Namely because he wasn't better than Wes, Pritchard, or Madison...

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Agreed, felt sorry for Andreu as I don't think he ever played that badly just never got a chance. Namely because he wasn't better than Wes, Pritchard, or Madison...

Under Alex Neil we spent about £15m on Pritchard, Naismith and Andreu.

All who didn't replace Wes, and given AN's preference I don't think Maddison would have been given the chance to either.