Sign in to follow this  
glory.win or die.

Transfer gossip

I understand we are in for aidan fitzpatrick, a 17yr old attacking midfielder, for aroindc£400k...

https://t.co/ikHtMNRgD1

And yes i only used the "I understand" bit to adopt sky's technique of making ppl think they are in the know when really we are just repeating what we heard or read somewhere..

It does sound like the type of deal we are likely to be looking at.

From the Daily Record

Rangers are a facing a fight with Norwich if they want to land Partick Thistle’s rising star Aidan Fitzpatrick.

The 17-year-old is on a host of teams radar and the Canaries have offered a package which will come in at over £400,000 - with £150,000 paid up front.

Ibrox director of football Mark Allen has monitored the midfielder after receiving a number of rave reviews about his performances.

Fitzpatrick has made 14 appearances in all competitions and has netted three goals.

Apples

40 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sounds positive- this sort of forward thinking transfer strategy is the future.

Yeah, if it works then he’s a bargain, if he’s a Raggett then we haven’t really lost much

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yeah, if it works then he’s a bargain, if he’s a Raggett then we haven’t really lost much

Norwich will probably end up making a profit on Raggert as the fee was so low. I suspect he was never signed with the intention of playing for Norwich but as a ‘flippable’ player who Norwich could sign on the cheap and then sell for more. Norwich will probably recoup the signing fee in the loan fees received for him so far. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glory.win or die. said:

I understand we are in for aidan fitzpatrick, a 17yr old attacking midfielder, for aroindc£400k...

https://t.co/ikHtMNRgD1

And yes i only used the "I understand" bit to adopt sky's technique of making ppl think they are in the know when really we are just repeating what we heard or read somewhere..

It does sound like the type of deal we are likely to be looking at.

As with Maddison

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

If true, we'd do well to convince him here ahead of Rangers.

Not so sure as I feel we can carry more financial clout the Rangers surely? Or are they stable now?

The  bid was low though for the next James Maddison.

Attractive add-ons.

Buy then loan back for the rest of the season?

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Not so sure as I feel we can carry more financial clout the Rangers surely? Or are they stable now?

The  bid was low though for the next James Maddison.

Attractive add-ons.

Buy then loan back for the rest of the season?

Well Partick are based in Glasgow, so he wouldn't have to relocate. Possibility of European football next season, a 'big name' manager, plus they've proved with Glenn Middleton that there's a pathway to the first team. You could see why that move would appeal.

If he chooses us ahead of Rangers, it'll be a brilliant effort from our recruitment team.

I believe we beat Rangers to McLean’s signature, so no reason to think we can’t again if we are indeed interested. Rangers may be a pull for some (or a ‘push’ for others!), but the SPL isn’t all that.

Does anyone else long for a signing we can use now? I know we're well stocked, but January isn't half boring at the club nowadays!

In reality, that's better than us rushing around and panic buying. I would just like a proper juicy rumour to get my teeth stuck into.

26 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Does anyone else long for a signing we can use now? I know we're well stocked, but January isn't half boring at the club nowadays!

In reality, that's better than us rushing around and panic buying. I would just like a proper juicy rumour to get my teeth stuck into.

I think Fabio Quagliarella is out of contract in the summer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think Fabio Quagliarella is out of contract in the summer.

Ha! Already a thread with ten billion pages on here dedicated to him! Why not make it some more hey?! 😉

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

But who would you want replaced who is currently in contention for the first team?

(If you’re gong to say Krul, can we move swiftly on, there are more than enough posts on his supposed ‘errors’ already thanks).

9 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But who would you want replaced who is currently in contention for the first team?

(If you’re gong to say Krul, can we move swiftly on, there are more than enough posts on his supposed ‘errors’ already thanks).

The question wasn’t directed at me, but personally I’d like to see Norwich bring in another winger. Someone with pace and the ability to go past a defender (but not like Yanic who can’t run and look up at the same time). They wouldn’t necessarily play every game or replace anyone, but would offer something else. 

When Hernandez was out injured it became very apparent that Norwich lack this type of player without him. Emi wants to come inside to get more touches and lacks dynamic pace. 

A young player on loan from the Prem would fit this well I think and if they aren’t up to speed then it isn’t a huge loss of money.

Bringing in a new player can give a nice psychological boost to other players and well as shake any complacencies that others may have. If Norwich do loan out Marshall then another homegrown player who can actually contribute some minutes would be really valuable. 

Agree with that, Bethnal. Possibly also a homegrown left-sided player who can cover for Lewis?

51 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The question wasn’t directed at me, but personally I’d like to see Norwich bring in another winger. Someone with pace and the ability to go past a defender (but not like Yanic who can’t run and look up at the same time). They wouldn’t necessarily play every game or replace anyone, but would offer something else. 

When Hernandez was out injured it became very apparent that Norwich lack this type of player without him. Emi wants to come inside to get more touches and lacks dynamic pace. 

A young player on loan from the Prem would fit this well I think and if they aren’t up to speed then it isn’t a huge loss of money.

Bringing in a new player can give a nice psychological boost to other players and well as shake any complacencies that others may have. If Norwich do loan out Marshall then another homegrown player who can actually contribute some minutes would be really valuable. 

Lookman from Everton would be lovely 😉

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Lookman from Everton would be lovely 😉

Dream on! 😉

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Nope, a massive supporter of Krul. I've never had a bad word to say against him and rate him highly. In fact, I get angered at the nonsense I see written about him by 'fans'...

I would have said a left sided player too. Possibly also cover for Lewis at LB or a more dynamic winger giving us more options and pace on that side.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

SSN saying we are linked with Matt Riley, an 18 year old Fulham midfielder.

That's exactly the sort of signing I'm alluding to when I say it'd be nice to have someone to come into the team now. Riley's signing would strike me as another 'one for the future'.

I like this approach from us now, but my point was that I'd like to see someone who could come in and give the first team a bit of a boost. But, I am not sure our budget would allow that so perhaps a young Prem loanee would be good.

5 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

That's exactly the sort of signing I'm alluding to when I say it'd be nice to have someone to come into the team now. Riley's signing would strike me as another 'one for the future'.

I like this approach from us now, but my point was that I'd like to see someone who could come in and give the first team a bit of a boost. But, I am not sure our budget would allow that so perhaps a young Prem loanee would be good.

I’m pretty sure any move for Matt O’Riley would only be a loan. He could be useful for the remaining part of the season though. 

I posed the question as Farke has clearly built a cohesive group with great spirit. If we buy anyone who is good enough to push an existing player out of the first team it could upset that. Although that’s the way of the football world I guess, especially if we were to achieve promotion.

For me, it would need to be someone clearly better than what we have to justify the risk. If it’s cover for an existing player, it doesn’t really fit with your desire for something ‘juicy’ Bob.

I think Bob's desire for something juicy may have to wait until the summer... don't see anything happening other than maybe a loan signing. Very much doubt anyone will leave either, and even if we did cash in on Aarons I'd imagine it'd have a loan-back clause.

15 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I posed the question as Farke has clearly built a cohesive group with great spirit. If we buy anyone who is good enough to push an existing player out of the first team it could upset that. Although that’s the way of the football world I guess, especially if we were to achieve promotion.

For me, it would need to be someone clearly better than what we have to justify the risk. If it’s cover for an existing player, it doesn’t really fit with your desire for something ‘juicy’ Bob.

True, true...  we seem to be intent on looking to the future and buying young players for small fees. This is the way of things now and, as I've said, I'd rather that than waste money on 'proven' players who may not be quite as pumped up to really affect anything. A nice loan would be good though. Look at how much Wilson and Mount at FL's Derby have contributed to their season.

It should be borne in mind that there is no longer the option of loaning in players after the window shuts - so there is not the ability to bring in cover/replacements for injured players.

Should we see this a not to be missed chance to get promoted knowing that any cost would easily be recouped in the PL and any cost might also be far more come next summer when we might have to start all over again.

Did the club see us being in this position when budgets and squad numbers were being assessed then ?

Are the club 'raising' funds' by shifting out  Marshall, Jarvis, Pinto and possibly others to push the team 'over the line' with a couple of players ?

Any young PL loanee would be expected to be played - can we guarantee that ?

I think you could be right, Bill - this is the first transfer window that I can remember where personally I’ve not been that fussed about a lack of incoming players, I think we have a great squad, but that said, it does appear that we’re shifting a few out now and for that very reason, I feel it’s quite reasonable to assume that we will see 1 or 2 astute low cost/loan incomings now - with promotion eminently achievable, we certainly cannot afford to be thin in certain areas, and DF/SW I’m sure will ensure this will simply not be the case. People talk about the January window as insignificant to the summer window, but for NCFC, this could be one of our most crucial windows for many a season, no matter how subtle our dealings appear to be.