Sign in to follow this  
unique

Farke’s Dilemma

The players that have unexpectedly ‘stepped-up’ this season have presented Farke a real headache if he ever has a full squad to choose from.

Assuming McGovern takes up a place on the subs bench, and abiding by the homegrown rule, who would be the six players on your bench, and who would be the unluckily player to miss out on your squad?

McGovern

Godfrey

Hanley

Vrancic

Mclean

Cantwell

Rhodes

Unlucky - Srbeny/Trybull

Wonder if there's a way back for Remi Matthews or were all bridges burned?....for the sake of naming a keeper on the bench who in all probability wont be used - but has the right passport, Farke could still have Srbeny on the bench for instance, who he favours bringing on when we're chasing a game and it needs mixing up in the opposition box?

Gosh! We do seem to have an excellent squad.

No wonder we are up there in the league.

A little run of good results will see us back on top.

It amazes me how we've gone from complete financial meltdown and turmoil to this. A very good championship squad and plenty of assets, pushing the automatic positions. I cannot get my head around just how good a job the powers at be have done.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It amazes me how we've gone from complete financial meltdown and turmoil to this. A very good championship squad and plenty of assets, pushing the automatic positions. I cannot get my head around just how good a job the powers at be have done.

Shhhh! You'll upset the anti-deliaites. They have nothing to latch on to at the moment....thankfully.

Long may that continue.....

👍

44 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the side we had out in October/November was our best and will be the first choice when all are fit again

I agree, though we might see McLean pushing for a starting place:

Krul, Aarons, Zimm, Timm, Lewis, Tettey, Leitner, Buendia, Hernandez, McLean, Pukki.

Tough on Godfrey, Vrancic and Stiepermann.  Have I got enough homegrowns there?

17 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wonder if there's a way back for Remi Matthews or were all bridges burned?....for the sake of naming a keeper on the bench who in all probability wont be used - but has the right passport, Farke could still have Srbeny on the bench for instance, who he favours bringing on when we're chasing a game and it needs mixing up in the opposition box?

Or maybe Aston Oxborough? He's just back to fitness after a 3 month injury. He's already been on the bench for the away match at Reading and apparently Farke rates him highly. 

• Like 1

Considering the fact we sold Matthews despite the fact he is English and not a high earner I would assume he isn't good enough. IIRC Farke did take a look at him in some games in a pre season tour.

Hernandez to be on bench where his efforts have been recently been rewarded.   Cantwell seems to be a favourite of Farke.  That means 4 English in starting 11 Aarons, Lewis. Krul and Cantwell.  Godfrey to miss out to Klose and Zimm on bench with Hanley,  Thompson as one of midlield subs with Maclean.  Rhodes and Srebeney as striking options.  That's us covered for English quota,

Just seen David Freezer on Twitter post team he thinks we should field on Friday which includes Stiepermann, didn’t think he was expected to return this early ? 

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Considering the fact we sold Matthews despite the fact he is English and not a high earner I would assume he isn't good enough. IIRC Farke did take a look at him in some games in a pre season tour.

err, he's back with us

As I understood it he went to Bolton on loan with agreement he would be signed permanently in January, to all intents and purposes an agreed sale. Obviously their financial situation has derailed this and they can’t afford to even keep him on loan, but yes he was given chances in pre season and I’m guessing not thought up to it, shame.