Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

WBA (a)

Lewis, Buendia, Tettey & Thompson all fit and available for tomorrow.  Klose is a doubt (knee problem), hasn't trained all week.  Stiepermann not back until Birmingham.  Interesting who the back up CB will be with Hanley suspended - Thompson?

Makes Hanleys poor decision making in the cup seem even more ridiculous...totally stupid challenge.

Tetty has dropped into CB position before so expect that could happen in an emergency during the game.

WBA will be my first game of the season (apologies for being a plastic 😳) going with my son and really looking forward to it but also a bit worried of the possibility of seeing Wes playing against us (his my sons favourite ever player)

17 minutes ago, Woodman said:

Lewis, Buendia, Tettey & Thompson all fit and available for tomorrow.  Klose is a doubt (knee problem), hasn't trained all week.  Stiepermann not back until Birmingham.  Interesting who the back up CB will be with Hanley suspended - Thompson?

I don't think Thompson is 'up to speed' just yet

And I doubt Buendia will be ready before next Saturday

Lewis and Tettey will be checked before the game.

Meanwhile back at Brexit

"Two of the biggest donors to the Brexit campaign have said they are now expecting the UK to stay in the European Union.

Peter Hargreaves and Crispin Odey, who both donated huge sums to the Leave campaign in 2016, have claimed they believe the decision to leave the bloc will be reversed."

I wonder when the penny will finally drop ?

Some much better news than I was expecting, Klose excepted. Imagine that he won't be risked and Lewis will come back in and Godfrey back in the middle.

Personally I think we will see Buendia. He fits the Farke style much more than Onel and offers more grit in what will be a physical game.

I misread Stiepermann for Zimmerman when I first skimmed the OPs post and was wondering at people's insouciance about our lack of CBs.  Even so it's a worry that Hanley being suspended means if Klose is out, we really only have two CBs.

Presumably Leitner still out for a while longer, which is the main person missing.

Leitner's out 'until the end of January', which was and is a big blow.  However, getting Lewis, Tettey and Buendia fit for this game is a real boost.

I think we have missed Leitner the most but Buendia's absence has been noticeable. His drives infield from outside do add another dimension to the straight dribbler Hernandez. Cantwell, although he has the skill, still doesn't have the same power as Buendia. And Buendia is quite a feisty lad which is sometimes useful and necessary.

This sounds like very good news, delighted if Lewis is fit again, his have been tough shoes to fill. Also to get Emi back is massive. He's made a rapid recovery, much quicker I think than was first feared.

Very pleased  for Louis😀

Edited by Van wink

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wonder if we could play

Buendia....cantwell.....hernandez

behind Pukki ??

I like that... Cantwell was great against Pompey. Might need a bit of a change of approach though, as Stiepermann's game as a 10 is much more based around strength and aerial presence. Pukki started the season at 10, didn't he? Just behind Rhodes? Could go back to that, I think Rhodes is well worth a place in the starting XI.

Another alternative would be to play Trybull/Thompson alongside Tettey for added steel in the midfield, and push Vrancic forward to 10. We certainly have options...

Great news that Lewis, Buendia, Tettey and Thompson are all available, but the ongoing absence that really worries me is Stiepermann. 

As Mr Wolf has said above he is different to all of the others and offers height and physical presence which our other forward players don't. This is crucial when Krul is looking for someone to aim for from goal kicks and is also crucial when we are defending set pieces.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Great news that Lewis, Buendia, Tettey and Thompson are all available, but the ongoing absence that really worries me is Stiepermann. 

As Mr Wolf has said above he is different to all of the others and offers height and physical presence which our other forward players don't. This is crucial when Krul is looking for someone to aim for from goal kicks and is also crucial when we are defending set pieces.  

I have really enjoyed watching Stieprmann play this season - his drive and desire is so good to watch, esecially when the chips are down - he really adds bite to our game moving forwards - a real positive influence.  That said, we still have good enough players to take his place while he is injured. I think that Thompson - fully fit and raring to go - has a similar drive to his game and would like to see him involved today.

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think we have missed Leitner the most but Buendia's absence has been noticeable. His drives infield from outside do add another dimension to the straight dribbler Hernandez. Cantwell, although he has the skill, still doesn't have the same power as Buendia. And Buendia is quite a feisty lad which is sometimes useful and necessary.

My thoughts exactly. I'm hopeful we can hang on to the tail of Leeds over the next 3 or 4 games, by which time Leitner will be back and in the groove dictating pace and direction. I have no doubt that when back we will push on strongly.

However, for sheer work ethic and the character he shows, Buendia will be a very welcome sight back in the team. I also believe Sbreny could temporarily replace Stiepermann.

25 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Anyone know a good link for the game later...

Too early to say, but keep an eye on the football streams thread on Reddit. Vipbox is normally a good shout.

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

'Quite feisty' is the understatement of the year. For those of a certain age it's a bit like having Tommy Bryceland back. Fantastic news that Emi is fit again 

We struggle defending aerially at the best of times so I feel Timm and Stieps will be a big miss. Zimmerman and Godfrey have done a good job recently but beyond them we do not have much height in the side to lend them a hand.

We will need to dominate possession to protect the CBs which will harder without Leitner.

Also if my memory serves me right Hegazi roughed up Christophe at Carrow Rd in August. Unlikely to get much protection from the ref at the Hawthorns.

So I would snap your hand off for a draw. Interestingly a baggie supporting friend of mine has texted to say he would be happy with a draw which shows how far we have come. I doubt that would have been the case at the start of the season.

OTBC

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Too early to say, but keep an eye on the football streams thread on Reddit. Vipbox is normally a good shout.

Any joy? Can't seem to find anything, plus another no-show from iFollow.

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Dr Dublin is playing the commentary as usual:

But I've not found anything else.

14 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Dr Dublin is playing the commentary as usual:

But I've not found anything else.