Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

The sorry (funny) plight of Ipswich Town

Lambert seems to be getting his own way and adding players to that enormous squad. Evans must be anxious at the rising cost of it all.

Judge has just been added to Collins and Keane and a few others.

Judge not the player he was since he had a leg break according to Brentford fans.

Collins also back from long term injury and 34

Keane no goals to speak of in the last few seasons.

I cannot recall any of the others but all unknowns

If this fails to improve results Lambert will go from hero to zero with their viscous fan base

Alan Judge is a good signing. Has struggled for form this season, but mainly due to a change of manager and lack of starts. He's been a top player for Brentford at this level and still only 30, so in the short term a clever signing by Lambert. 

James Collins is a good signing too. 

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Alan Judge is a good signing. Has struggled for form this season, but mainly due to a change of manager and lack of starts. He's been a top player for Brentford at this level and still only 30, so in the short term a clever signing by Lambert. 

James Collins is a good signing too. 

3 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

For sure, but they all have flaws one way or the other.

It seems that Lambert is changing tactics, when at Norwich it was always young hungry players. Now it's older players that were good but have diminished in recent years. 

I'm not sure that he has the time to work with the youngsters this season. If he does stay, and i still think that he'll jump, i guess it's with a rebuild plan next season, possibly with youngsters. They will be a big club in league one. Perhaps that's the plan as somebody else mentioned, it actually helped us when we dropped into the third tier to reboot our club.

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It seems that Lambert is changing tactics, when at Norwich it was always young hungry players. Now it's older players that were good but have diminished in recent years. 

To be fair to him, he's said that the 'lads need a hand' and has got 5 in - 4 of whom started on Sunday.  Collins and Judge are good signings, plus Quaner and Keane will do ok.  Mind you, Rotherham still had 18 shots to Ipswich's 3.

Stalking people's Facebook's now?

Bizarre.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell us his trolling is all ok because he goes to games.

• Like 2

Maybe FF is jumping to some conclusions getting all precious about his Facebook page. Easily rectified by altering privacy settings i would have thought? 

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe FF is jumping to some conclusions getting all precious about his Facebook page. Easily rectified by altering privacy settings i would have thought? 

Or rectified by just...not digging into someone's facebook page?

But yeah, you sat next to him at a game so he's all good.

• Like 1

Hardly ' digging' into someone's Facebook page ' by looking on a social media site where somebody has obviously not put any privacy settings restricting who can see it. FF runs around on here making snidey remarks and emoticons on virtually every post either Waveney or me make. Seems to me that he likes dishing it out but blubs when he gets a bit back. 

Edited by TIL 1010

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Hardly ' digging' into someone's Facebook page ' by looking on a social media site where somebody has obviously not put any privacy settings restricting who can see it. FF runs around on here making snidey remarks and emoticons on virtually every post either Waveney or me make. Seems to me that he likes dishing it out but blubs when he gets a bit back. 

Should have known you would turn up, handy really as it’s the only support he gets. The strange behaviour from your mate really does need explaining though doesn’t it ? Regardless of the settings on my Facebook page he still took the time to search for me and then save a photo of me on his own computer. It seems that a number of people apart from me see that as odd behaviour but you crack on in your support of him, I don’t care. 

“FF runs around on here making snidey remarks and emoticons on virtually every post either Waveney or me make”

who is blubbing here then ?

2 minutes ago, River End Canary said:

I ignore spidy man so haven’t a clue what he said but I bet he is still stalking Tilly and me. He is clearly disturbed individual 

You think people believe that ?  Weirdo

On 14/01/2019 at 10:18, Bradwell canary said:

I still think Lambert's going to get them out of this......already fortuitous that Blackburn have a midweek game tonight ahead of their game on Saturday....which is now heading into extra time as it stands

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

“FF runs around on here making snidey remarks and emoticons on virtually every post either Waveney or me make”

who is blubbing here then ?

Not blubbing at all merely stating what you do. Funny how you don't care but 3 posts in the last 5 on this thread from you tend to suggest otherwise. 

On 15/01/2019 at 02:46, BroadstairsR said:

Lambert seems to be getting his own way and adding players to that enormous squad. Evans must be anxious at the rising cost of it all.

Judge has just been added to Collins and Keane and a few others.

Judge not the player he was since he had a leg break according to Brentford fans.

Collins also back from long term injury and 34

Keane no goals to speak of in the last few seasons.

I cannot recall any of the others but all unknowns

If this fails to improve results Lambert will go from hero to zero with their viscous fan base

mmmm, keane got their goal on sat and Collins got them 3 points by winning everything in the box

12 hours ago, king canary said:

Or rectified by just...not digging into someone's facebook page?

But yeah, you sat next to him at a game so he's all good.

Til and Waveney have one of the...more interesting relationships on this forum.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not blubbing at all merely stating what you do. Funny how you don't care but 3 posts in the last 5 on this thread from you tend to suggest otherwise. 

I’m just responding to the crap you and your mate post, you still haven’t said if you think this it’s normal behaviour for an old fart in his seventies do be doing this sort of thing

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Who is in their seventies

Sorry, didn’t realise you were in your 80s, still ignoring the question though

Edited by FenwayFrank

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well it involves some digging as you have to know who the person actually is- I have no idea who FF is IRL, I don't know how Waveney does but I think taking photos off of someones facebook to post on a football forum is a pretty bloody weird thing to do and I'm sure if this was FF doing similar to someone you got on with on this forum your tune would change.

• Like 1

Jesus this nonsense squabbling has reached new heights and ruined this thread.

SO, back to the topic in question to restore some sanity.

Has any body visited TWTD   today?

One poster says that the country needs someone like Lambert as Prime Minister. He was serious and listed reasons why he thought that.

I could hardly believe my eyes.

A dour half-witted Scot who only knows only about football and used the word "crap" continuously at a club dinner before he sneaked out of the CR door.

If you don't believe me have a look for yourself.

Unbelievable.

Edited by BroadstairsR

A copy of his reasons:

"Energetic. Plain speaking. Works hard - and imaginatively - to get everybody involved and pulling in the same direction. Acknowleges (sic) a difficult situation and the limits of his options, but comes up with realistic ways to attack it. Understands the importance of keeping up morale. Carries people forward by the force of his personality."

Lambert "personality?" 

Ugh!