Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

So Goodbye Aitor Karanka

Confirmed that he's now left Nottingham Forest - with their surrender of a 3-0 lead against us thought to be one of the final nails in the coffin. 

Although I'll give him some credit for being classy when we beat Middlesbrough at Wembley I can't say I'm sorry to see him go.

The disgraceful time wasting which his Middlesbrough and Notts Forest's teams exhibited at Carrow Road was by far and away the worst, most calculating and cynical that I've ever seen. 

Seems Karanka had managed to annoy all the players and a lot of the backroom staff. Apparently after they beat Leeds he went into the dressing room, said ‘Thank you’ and left. 

He had actually started to adapt his style this season and Forest were becoming more entertaining, but too little too late. If you are a manager who plays boring football, you’ll always be under greater risk when results start to go against you. 

Seems Karanka had managed to annoy all the players and a lot of the backroom staff. Apparently after they beat Leeds he went into the dressing room, said ‘Thank you’ and left. 

He had actually started to adapt his style this season and Forest were becoming more entertaining, but too little too late. If you are a manager who plays boring football, you’ll always be under greater risk when results start to go against you. 

Didn't the previous owners of Forest get through something stupid like 10 managers in 6 years? Looks like the latest one's see that as the right way forward.

Bizarre, but can work. 

Yes it's crazy, any manager joining Forest will be looking carefully at the payoff provisions in his contract !

Can safely say Farke wouldn't have lasted into this season. if he'd been at Forest instead of City.

You'd have thought they'd hit upon a manager who's successful sooner or later with that number, but Forest have spent quite a lot over the past few years without much to show for it.

Horrible manager, will never forgive that joke of a performance when Boro came to Carrow Road the season we beat them in the playoff final. 

Didn't He walk though? He wasn't sacked as I u understand it, he asked to be released from his contract (possibly to join up with mourhino somewhere)

Martin O'Neill might be a good fit there with his forest connections,will probably be similar style with less time wasting.