Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Ben Marshall

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Sorry, disagree. This is quite an emotive subject and Webber would be naïve to ignore it. 

Conversely to your narrative,  what if Norwich don't go up and Ipswich stay up thanks to Marshall's contribution? 

Who really cares? If Webber feels shipping out Marshall improves Norwich’s chance of getting promoted by even the tiniest fraction, then he should do it. What benefit is it to Norwich should Ipswich go down? It’s  probably bad for the club due to the income the derby provides. 

To be honest getting relegated might be good for Ipswich. 

5 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Who really cares? If Webber feels shipping out Marshall improves Norwich’s chance of getting promoted by even the tiniest fraction, then he should do it. What benefit is it to Norwich should Ipswich go down? It’s  probably bad for the club due to the income the derby provides. 

....it also might not be good......they might go down again and crash and burn i.e coventry or portsmouth and go into administration (again)....or end up where a swindon or oldham are now bumbling around in league 2 mid table playing in front of 7000

....I can't wait to find out

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....it also might not be good......they might go down again and crash and burn i.e coventry or portsmouth and go into administration (again)....or end up where a swindon or oldham are now bumbling around in league 2 mid table playing in front of 7000

....I can't wait to find out

I’d always rather be in the same division as Ipswich so Norwich can actually play them.

What is the point of a rivalry if the teams never play? It also gives meaning to seasons that are otherwise meaningless. 

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I feel being shoved to left back in a team reduced to 10 men having not had a minute of senior football for months is barely a fair chance to impress. 

Farke has a habit of freezing out players with little chance of coming back into favour. 

I'm not sure i've seen too many examples of Farke freezing out players. Other than Oliveira but that's pretty well documented as to why.

I'm not saying it was the best opportunity for Marshall but it was still an opportunity. I think it's more likely we see some more of Mclean through the second half of the season than it is Marshall.

26 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I’d always rather be in the same division as Ipswich so Norwich can actually play them.

What is the point of a rivalry if the teams never play? It also gives meaning to seasons that are otherwise meaningless. 

I honestly couldn’t care less if we never played them again. In fact, if they went bust and reformed as Ipswich19 and played in the EvoStik Jewson Combination or whatever, that would be mucking farvellous. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'd hazard a guess that around 90% of Norwich fans care, and would be delighted to see Ipswich in a lower league. The rivalry isn't exclusive to Carrow Road or Portman Road, or just to a match day. For some fans it's a rivalry on a daily basis, and holding the bragging rights for a sustained period of time, which is what a higher division gives you, is very desirable. 

41 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'd hazard a guess that around 90% of Norwich fans care, and would be delighted to see Ipswich in a lower league. The rivalry isn't exclusive to Carrow Road or Portman Road, or just to a match day. For some fans it's a rivalry on a daily basis, and holding the bragging rights for a sustained period of time, which is what a higher division gives you, is very desirable. 

Re Ipswich- I'd love them to spend a few years bouncing around League One and League Two. For the lolz. I don't want them to go bust though.

I certainly don’t think we’ve seen the best of Marshall yet, far from it, but no point loaning him to Ip****e - if he is to go there, it would have to be a permanent or nothing at all, there is no way he signs for the pride of Anglia, gets sent on loan to not the pride of Anglia, and then returns at the end of the season! Could you even imagine that?! Just NO! 

I'm not sure relegation will see them sink without trace, if anything it might rekindle their mojo as it were. I'd be happier to see them survive, and struggle against relegation every year,  increasing the debt, while their support diminishes further. Death by a thousand cuts, if you like. 

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

I'm not sure relegation will see them sink without trace, if anything it might rekindle their mojo as it were. I'd be happier to see them survive, and struggle against relegation every year,  increasing the debt, while their support diminishes further. Death by a thousand cuts, if you like. 

I think you missed a letter out.

Would be a bizarre move for our club to assist Ipswich (and Lambert) in their relegation battle.

Do we think Ipswich or Paul Lambert would be looking to do us any favours if the roles were reversed? If Lambert has actually enquired, then that's a testiment to his arrogance. 

And do we want to risk one of our players coming back broken and demoralised after spending half a season getting spanked in Ipswich colours?

If he went out, it's unlikely he would be back, 1p5wich or otherwise.  If we get promoted he'll be surplus and if we don't I'm sure DF and SW will have identified better options for a tilt at promotion next year.