Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Worthy has a point....BUT.....

Worthy said after our game yeaster that he blames lazy players for the defeat and that last season has ruined us. While I can see his point that if the players don''t perform on the pitch we are going to struggle and that last season was very demoralising... BUT...as manager isn''t it his job to make them perform on the pitch?? Also isn''t it his job to motivate them again after last season?? He seems to have missed these rather important little aspects of management!! Maybe the players don''t play well together and are lazy..... BUT.... who brought a large proportion of them to the club and who picks them??? Worthy of course!! We all know that...surely he must seeing he does it!!

I haven''t posted for quite a long time because I didn''t want to get drawn into Worthy out debates. However I have now had enough of the current situation. I''m not necessarily calling for Worthy to be sacked but something has to be changed before our season plummets even further and the rebuilding stage is back to square one like seven or so years ago when we were just escaping relegation with a few matches of the season left. If this change is sacking Worthington then it has to be done! Sometimes it gets to a point when a manager has taken a club as far as he can and without a change more damage can be done than good! I am grateful to Worthy for the sucess of two seasons ago and the job he did at turning our team around but you can''t live on past success or reputation in football! The board needs to start acting and Worthy needs to take responsibility, especially for the style of play that we are using! Good players don''t become bad players over night!

Offering the excuse that players are suffering a premiership hangover doesn''t really cut it when it comes to yesterday. The majority of the side barely/didn''t or haven''t played in the premiership.

It would be nice for him to come out and admit the players he brought in the summer aren''t as good as the ones we let go, and that the problem areas weren''t addressed and are now being patched by loan deals