Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

4-3-3

imo is the formation we should use. Ashton needs service so i think Hux and McVeigh should play either side of him. Both of them have the ability to score a few as well. Theres not much point in the midfield because they never get the ball. So this is best suited to our non-tactical hoofing style of play: 

Green

Wright    Davenport        Doherty         Drury

Etuhu     Safri    Rossi-Jarvis

McVeigh   Ashton   Huckerby

What do you think?

[quote user="Northern Canary"]imo is the formation we should use. Ashton needs service so i think Hux and McVeigh should play either side of him. Both of them have the ability to score a few as well. Theres not much point in the midfield because they never get the ball. So this is best suited to our non-tactical hoofing style of play: 

Green

Wright    Davenport        Doherty         Drury

Etuhu     Safri    Rossi-Jarvis

McVeigh   Ashton   Huckerby

What do you think?
[/quote]

Tis a formation ive suggested a few times, but with Ashton up front as a lone striker, using a Chelsea formation. (I.E. Hucks and WLY in the robben/duff roles, and safri in a Claude Maka role) It wont happen though.

sort of gets near to the formation  I would go for Northern !    I`m in the " route one " camp  ... leave the pretty stuff   for  those clubs that can afford to showboat  ...   we need to score  , and that means  bodies  up front  supporting  the strikers    , by all means bang the ball   up to  Deano , Hucks , Mcveigh  et al    ... but  when this happens  the midfield  have to follow up PDQ !      melees  near the box   creates goals  ...

I watched Real Madrid   recently  , and  their forward line   was , at least , four or five  players strong    when the ball  got into the opposing half  , increasing to , what ?  six or seven players , as the play  got around the box .....

EFFECTIVE !!!