Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 12 Week 24

Welcome to Rays Funds, supported by Turner European Consulting and Kare Plus

No photo description available.

On Saturday it will be the tenth anniversary of the day we lost Arrdee. It doesn’t seem like ten years to me. I’m sure that’s because every week I have this great reminder of our times together doing his beloved free bet threads. I know he’d be so happy to know we’d all managed to keep this going for so long, and from strength to strength, in his memory. I often look back on his posts as I did just now to get inspiration for this. I could never do the great man justice but here’s how he may have introduced this week’s thread…

Yes its Free Bet time again PUPs and you guessed it, something’s afoot because its Inchy in charge of picking the final six. Now our lovely old Inchy is a giant when it comes to these Rays Funds threads. He’s had a fantastic five previous wins when in the hot seat. I find it hard to fathom how anyone could get that many wins. It’s miles better than I could ever hope to do. Inchy’s brilliant but he’ll still need our help if he’s to guide us back to wining ways. So let’s do the hard yards and find him our very best selections from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend listed on the Bill Hill or Bet 365 links.

Making the final picks for our beloved team’s game at West Brom we have Mandie Moo. Mandie’s a lovely old girl as you’d find out if you get to metre. (alright, I know but I think I made a rod for my own back with these blessed puns!) Mandie’s got a hat-trick of wins when picking the final six and will be hoping for a chain reaction with the help of you PUPs to get her a win in this part of Ray’s signature. Let’s find her some great suggestions from the options on Bill Hill and Bet 365.

As it’s a memorable weekend BTTSanon has kindly offered to place a couple of lines of Both Teams To Score. So please make your suggestions with you picks.

These companies who support our work to raise funds for the CSF and our wonderful Downe's Syndrome Team of boys and girls have all renewed their support for another year. This is reflected in the new totals on Ray’s signature So we would like to say a massive thank you to: -

http://www.turnereuropeanconsulting.com/

https://www.kareplus.co.uk/norwich/

If any other companies out there would also like to support our efforts, we'll be happy to add you to our list of links on this thread every week.

So now I’ll hand the thread over to Inchy and Mandie Moo. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for the Community Sports Foundation and our fabulous Downs Syndrome boys and girls.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Bernie and Mandie ... the thread is yours.......🙂..........

As always I leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P'boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,4, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,6, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,3, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo,3, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010,3, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC, Hughesy, Gregt,2, GMF,3, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District Canary,2, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity,2, Diesel Doris, Lessingham Canary, Molly Windley, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy,3, Feedthewolf,2, AJ, JB, PurpleCanary,2, Hoola Han Solo, Diane, Hissing Sid, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £2623 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank, Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010,2, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,2, Crabbycanary,4, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,2, Woostercanary,3, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell,2, nutty,4, Feedthewolf,2, Lappinitup,4, NWC,2, Hoola Han Solo,3, Twidio,2, Ray, PUPanon,2, Molly Windley, 93vintage,2, ClareW, Van Wink,2, Diane, AJ,2, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture,2, Graham Humphrey,3, Diesel Doris,3, Duncan Edwards,3, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Mr Jenkins, Reggie, Snake-eyes,2, I’m A Banana, ZLF,2, Lake District Canary, norfolkngood, Syteanric, Felixfan, TeamPUPs, First Wazzock,2, Baldyboy, Len, Jamie Abbott,2, King Canary,2, Hissing Sid, Hammond1612,2, Lessingham Canary, Indy_Bones, KiwiScot, Crafty Canary,GMF, yes PUPs £1567 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with Both Teams To Score bets £126

And in honour and remembrance of much loved PUP Chellecity £422 (Of which £50 was donated to SarcomaUK).

And £55 to Prostate Cancer UK with Keelansgrandad.

And with £4371 for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges, sponsorships donations and competitions we now have a total of £11,232 since we began £1,639 of which is already banked for the next presentation.

Rays Funds on Twitter : https://twitter.com/Raysfunds

Rays Funds on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/124098287639888/

• Like 2

Wow that brought back some fond memories nutty, I never did get the pleasure of meeting the great Arrdee but we exchanged many private messages and to say he used to have me in fits of laughter would be an understatement. He really was one of lives good guys and to do my bit in his name once again this week will be a massive pleasure. 

As ever I will give each and every selection the scrutiny it deserves and do my best to weed out a winning week. Good luck everybody this week and I shall post my final 6 on friday evening. Thanks Nutty.

• Like 2

Hard to believe it's 10 years since Arrdee left us. Like Inchy, I never met the great man but had plenty of chats with him via PMs. 

So to business. Off to La Liga this week...

Atletico Madrid (2nd, 7-2-0 16-4 home) v Levante (10th, 3-3-3 15-13 away) - Home Win

For the match bet, HT/FT WBA/Draw 

Also, WBA v City for the BTTS as well.

Best of luck Inchy, Mandie and all you PUPs 

Welsh Premier League for me and TNS to beat Llanelli Town.

For the match bet, BTTS and Cantwell to score.

Good luck all.

MANSFIELD v Yeovil HOME WIN

Good Luck Inchy and all you Lovely PUPs.

For the Norwich bet, a score draw. Best of luck Moo 💚💛💚💛

Having met Ray a handful of times I consider myself to be rather lucky. He was certainly a gentleman, and a very funny guy as well. I'm sure he would be delighted to see this continuing, the money it has raised and the friendships it has forged...

Good Luck Inchy, Mandie and all PUPs.

Amiens v PSG - Away Win

Pukki to score

BTTS - Bury v MK Dons

• Like 1

I was also privileged to have met with Ray at the social club. Happy days. He would be very proud of our accounts!

Mansfield to beat Yeovil for me please. For City's game Draw/Dwight Gale to score.

Good luck Inchy and Mandie!

Oh and for BTTS Hull/Sheff Wed.

Good afternoon and good luck to everyone.

My pick is a portsmouth home win.

As for city i think btts is almost certain

Good Afternoon all.

My pick this week is Chelsea for a home win Newcastle, in the Saturday 5.30pm game.

For City we need a win i suggest booth teams to score and a 1-2 victory.

Have a great weekend and maybe see some of you in the Vine on Saturday, if at the Hawthorns, OTBC

In bocca al lupo Inchy 🐾🐕 and lovely words Nutty 👌

Bit of Greek sun would be nice for:

Levidiakos vs Olimpiacoa - Away win

As for Mandie’s Norwich bet how about a late winner for Rhodes, coming on as substitute after a very tight game?...😊️ 

For the BTTS quite like the look of the big game in portugal 🇵🇹

Sporting vs Porto

Happy Weekend all 🤗

Parma

Sorry for missing last week (lurgy) and good luck to all, especially Inchy & Mandie Moo.

My hopeless picks this week are:

Birmingham to draw with Middlesbrough (2/1);

and for the Norwich game

BTTS, each team over 4 corners and each team over one card (14/1).

For Inchy I'm tentatively going for Bristol City v Bolton Home Win

For Mandie my suggestion is Draw HT / Norwich FT

And for BTTSAnon  West Brom v  Norwich BTTS

Nutty i am off to Lanzarote so here is my pick for 12th.

HOME WIN for CHELSEA v Newcastle.

For the City bet H/T WBA F/T Draw.

I have also sent you a text and placed it on the Facebook page to make sure you don't miss it.

Love to all

Tilly x

A couple of great pickers this week that I've had the pleasure of meeting many times - only due to this great thread set up by the dearly departed Ray. He even inspired my avatar as he called me his "Young Gun". Although, not that young anymore!

For Inchy, VALENCIA v Valladolid - HOME WIN in La Liga

For Mandie, a Desmond 2-2

And for BTTSanon SUNDERLAND/LUTON

Good luck all,

Leedscanary

Hi PUPs, off to the island of Malta this week (and hoping their stadium is finished) with Pieta Hotspurs vs. Hibernians (away win).

For the City bet I'll go for a 1-1 draw with Hernandez to score anytime.

For the BTTS I'll go for Stirling Albion vs. Annan Athletic.

Best of luck everyone! 👍

Apples

Good luck all

A decent odds pick ( for me anyway) Benfica II vs Braga II home win @1.61

Benfica have patchy form away but have won all 6 of their home games and Braga have lost 5 of their 7 away games

City game and young Aarons is a generous @15.0 to score anytime on Bill Hill

Portsmouth v Blackpool home win for me please.

For our bet, I reckon a 1-0 to Norwich, Godfrey scoring the goal.

Good luck everyone.

Oh, for the BTTS, I'll go Sunderland v Luton.

Edited by lake district canary

I'm going for a home win for San Fernando CD v. Malaga II in the Spanish Segunda Grupo 4.

San Fernando are W7 D2 L1 F13 A4 at home and Malaga are W1 D1 L8 F6 A18 away.

Good Luck, Inchy!

As for the Norwich Bet - Aarons to score any time.

Good Luck, Mandie Moo!

For BTTS - Peterborough Utd v. Rochdale.

Norwich to win 3-2 for my match bet. 

Tottenham Hotspur v Man United for BTTS. 

PORTSMOUTH v Blackpool HOME WIN for my selection.

Good luck to everyone!

Afternoon PUPs and thanks Eddie for the intro.  I also never met Ray but am chuffed to be part of this thread that continues to honour him.

MMMK - Amiens -v- PSG AWAY WIN

MM - BARCELONA -v- Eibar HOME WIN

BTTS - WBA -v-Norwich 

Back later with my match bet choices.

Good Luck Inchy and all PUPs.

Cardiff to beat Huddersfield 

Norwich match 2-3 to Norwich

Oldham vs Forest Green Btts

Ten Years since Ray passed on! We were staring down the face of relegation to League One at that time but look what he's missed since. He would have loved the journey the club's been on since then as we all have. He would have been so proud of the way the club has always fought back from adversity but most of all, he would have loved how this thread has gone from strength to strength and how it's helped those kids.

Ray, you truly were a lovely old boy.

Scottish League Two.......

Albion Rovers v Peterhead........Away win.

For our game.......

City to win 2-1

BTTS.......

Elgin v Cowdenbeath

Good luck Bernie and Mandie and BTTSanon.