Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Bolton owe us £200k!

Link here.

Basically unpaid fees relating to the loans of Matthews and Wildschut.

The article also seems to suggest that we are looking to find another club for Matthews, while Wildschut's loan will continue until June irrespective. However, if they're not paying the fee, surely the agreement is void? And if so, could Wildschut do a job off the bench? Don't rate him personally, but you never know if we get more injuries.

Also, I'd be surprised if we send Matthews back out on loan - surely it'd be better to have him on the bench than McGovern, as he'd free up another space for a non-homegrown player in the matchday squad?

If Bolton are meant to be paying a portion of wildchut's wage but aren't, are we now liable for the full whack despite leaving him there? I would assume our thinking is we're more likely to find someone willing to take him on a perm...but then again his contract is up at the end of the season anyway...

Wildschut could possibly be a different bench option, I’d argue, if our midfield injuries persist. I can’t see why we’d let him stay there for nothing if Bolton are never going to cough up, but perhaps the payment is just delayed? 

It's clear reminder will move on again and he needs to be playing, that he didnt start tells its own story.

Yanics head down style is in stark contrast to our ethos and we are better off without him.

Boltons approach is frankly shocking and tantamount to theft. The impact on other clubs is bad but the actions have no regards to remi or doidges careers or welfare.  It is No way to treat people and the sanctions against both the club and Anderson need to be significant

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Bolton in BIG trouble, they signed Chris Doidge from Yeovil then didn't pay for him so he's now gone back to Yeovil and their Chairman is not happy. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17339321.anderson-slammed-as-christian-doidge-deal-collapses-at-bolton-wanderers/

Yeovil?

The first words in that article are literally 'Forest Green'

Norwich won’t recall Yanic as he was sent on a season loan deal without recall clause and bringing him back would be a breach of the contract and Norwich wouldn’t be able to get the money owed back. 

Remi’s contract is up in the summer and Bolton were suppose to be paying his wages and sign him for a nominal fee this Jan. There are other championship clubs interested and he won’t  be around long. 

But are Bolton not in breach of the contract already if they aren't paying any portion of his wages they are meant to (which I grant is an assumption)? I can't see any point in bringing him back regardless, unless there were other interested parties...

Quite, cornish sam. Unless the contract involved them not paying us anything for Yanic's wages it would surely constitute them breaching contract terms anyway.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich won’t recall Yanic as he was sent on a season loan deal without recall clause and bringing him back would be a breach of the contract and Norwich wouldn’t be able to get the money owed back. 

Remi’s contract is up in the summer and Bolton were suppose to be paying his wages and sign him for a nominal fee this Jan. There are other championship clubs interested and he won’t  be around long. 

Glad that Wildschut won't be coming back, to be honest - never rated him. Is his contract definitely up this summer?

I'd have thought that an extra homegrown player in the sub goalkeeper role was worth more to us than whatever wages we'd recoup from sending Remi out on loan again?

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Glad that Wildschut won't be coming back, to be honest - never rated him. Is his contract definitely up this summer?

I'd have thought that an extra homegrown player in the sub goalkeeper role was worth more to us than whatever wages we'd recoup from sending Remi out on loan again?

Yes Wildschut is rubbish, there is a reason he doesn't even start for Bolton.

Also agree on the keeper issue- Remi relieves the homegrown issue somewhat.

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

I can’t see why the club will have changed their view on Remi being on the bench over McGovern from the summer. 

38 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I can’t see why the club will have changed their view on Remi being on the bench over McGovern from the summer. 

Even though we've already ended up with untested Academy kids on the bench once this season due to a paucity of fit and available homegrown players? Baffling if we stick with MM ahead of RM, can't see any positive reason for sticking with MM on the bench.

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Even though we've already ended up with untested Academy kids on the bench once this season due to a paucity of fit and available homegrown players? Baffling if we stick with MM ahead of RM, can't see any positive reason for sticking with MM on the bench.

I guess they regard MM as a better keeper and want to minimise the risk if Krul, with his injury record, is out for a sustained period of time. 

I felt Norwich would go with Matthews on the bench this season, but for whatever reason, Farke has decided against it. I sense there may have been a falling out in pre-season as I seem to remember Matthews making some questionable comments on social media after moving to Bolton. 

• Like 1

Andersen, the Bolton Chairman, is a bit of a dodgy character who you wouldn't buy a car off. The people of Bolton, ex players and the local media don't have a decent word to say about him.

I think his ambition is bigger than his petty cash and he likes to wallow in the position he is in without being able to back it up as a Chairman.

We would do well to get any money out of these arrangements.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Andersen, the Bolton Chairman, is a bit of a dodgy character who you wouldn't buy a car off. The people of Bolton, ex players and the local media don't have a decent word to say about him.

I think his ambition is bigger than his petty cash and he likes to wallow in the position he is in without being able to back it up as a Chairman.

Absolutely KG!  Read all about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/09/bolton-ken-anderson-efl-ownership-forest-green-christian-doidge

The football authorities seem reluctant to bring this individual into line,  of course doing nothing sends a message to others that they can go rogue without penalties. 

15 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

The football authorities seem reluctant to bring this individual into line,  of course doing nothing sends a message to others that they can go rogue without penalties. 

Not a huge amount footballing authorities can do about it be honest. They have put the club under a transfer embargo, which is why Doidge and Matthews are leaving the club despite there being a contract to sign them. 

The EFL have made it very clear they want to punish rouge owners, without punishing the clubs and therefore the fans - which is a good approach in my opinion but doesn’t always address the competitive advantage clubs may have gained. 

Hopefully Norwich will be able to get the money owed to them out of Bolton. I’d happily take £200,000 knocked off the price of buying Sammy Ameobi. 

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The EFL have made it very clear they want to punish rouge owners.....

Because they're in the red?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Regarding the spat with FGR, he felt this response was appropriate...

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/a-note-from-the-chairman2/

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

13 hours ago, River End Canary said:

We need to support Bolton any possibility that they go into administration and a 10 point deduction may endanger Agent Lambert’s mission 

Yes quite. £200k after all is gnats **** in the ocean. We don't need it until the end of the season.

We wont be playing remi and preventing him from leaving this month with other clubs interested due to the two clubs per season rule.  Ruinous for Doidge who is stuck until next season

Somebody at Bolton should have stopped that latest statement being published onto their official website. It's very embarrassing. Riddled with poor grammar and lots of mud slinging. It's utterly embarrassing.