Harry53

Goodbye to Ivo

I have only been supporting City for 2.5yrs and have admired Ivo's game and character, but have begun to feel he secretly wants to be a winger, rather than as a right back. He has been a great captain and always given 100%. He is leaving that's for sure, which is sad, and I wish him well. 

21 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Isn't this what twitters for?

Where you can actually, you know, wish HIM well?

Bit harsh, maybe Harry isn't on twitter

It's the Pinkun, best to just let the bitter middle-aged men vent their spleens on here than other areas of their existence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Club has moved on and we have other options now. The little I've seen of him, he looks good going forward but he's not a defender, certainly not what we need if we get to the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

It's the Pinkun, best to just let the bitter middle-aged men vent their spleens on here than other areas of their existence.

I don’t think they’re middle aged 😉🤪

On 07/01/2019 at 13:56, Diane said:

Bit harsh, maybe Harry isn't on twitter

I am on twitter. Why is that important? I am new to this forum

11 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Welcome fella 🙂

Welcome Harry53. Ivo is a good club full back kept out by an outstanding one. He has great character on the pitch and I have always enjoyed watching him at Carrow rd. It was a shame he did not get a run out against Portsmouth, my youngest son would have been ecstatic.

Good luck to Ivo Pinto.

48 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Welcome Harry53. Ivo is a good club full back kept out by an outstanding one. He has great character on the pitch and I have always enjoyed watching him at Carrow rd. It was a shame he did not get a run out against Portsmouth, my youngest son would have been ecstatic.

Good luck to Ivo Pinto.

I watched Ivo against Preston. To me he looked a disconsolate figure, staying stuck by the right touchline for a lot of the match and did not seem to be involved in the team play very much, just waiting for the ball to come to him. When it did come to him he never looked particuarly interested in playing the Farke way by passing and moving and getting involved with that side of things, seemimgly just wanting to run forwards with the ball by himself.   It is probably a case of him just not able to adapt to the Farke way.  Shame, because he has always been a likeable figure at Norwich and has something to offer - just maybe needs a move to rejuvinate his career.   Either that or show he can adapt and get back into the first team reckoning.

I think there is no question, he for some reason does not play the Farke way particularly effectively. I believe he was given some chances last season but clearly not this one. He is probably on higher wages and Aarons is the better option.

Excellent Championship full back being kept out by a premier standard one!

Diane was actually sticking up for you Harry. Another poster was making a sarky remark about your original post.

3 hours ago, splendidrush said:

... but what if Spurs or  a.n.other come in for Aarons? Would he be back in favour?

No because if Lewis is fit Godfrey would play RB and if he isn't Passlack would. Ivo might just get the nod over Marshall though, or possibly not.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

No because if Lewis is fit Godfrey would play RB and if he isn't Passlack would. Ivo might just get the nod over Marshall though, or possibly not.

Do you think Godfrey is going to get a little p'd off being a stop gap for everyone else in the Team.  Given his apparent talent, when do you think it's likely that he'll get a regular starting spot?

10 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Do you think Godfrey is going to get a little p'd off being a stop gap for everyone else in the Team.  Given his apparent talent, when do you think it's likely that he'll get a regular starting spot?

Farke has been pretty clear in his view that Godfrey is best suited as a centre back and that’ll be his position in the long term. If Norwich don’t get promoted and Klose leaves I’d imagine he’d be one of the first choice centre backs next season - should Norwich be promoted then he may find he needs to go out on loan again. 

Confirmed by Farke today that Ivo is in Turkey to sort out his move.

I liked him, great watching him bombing forward, just a shame he forgot too often that he was a defender.😀

Good luck Ivo.

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Confirmed by Farke today that Ivo is in Turkey to sort out his move.

I liked him, great watching him bombing forward, just a shame he forgot too often that he was a defender.😀

Good luck Ivo.

Might not be leaving this January.

He can agree a deal with the Turkish club now, but might not move until the summer. 

51 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Might not be leaving this January.

He can agree a deal with the Turkish club now, but might not move until the summer. 

Wouldn't it be in everyone's interests for him to leave in January? He's not getting football here, and Aarons is going nowhere this window (even if we do sell, we'd surely insist on a loan-back clause). With Passlack, Marshall and Godfrey all able to cover RB, we'd be better off sealing a deal if we can. Let's hope this Turkish club need a right back straight away!

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wouldn't it be in everyone's interests for him to leave in January? He's not getting football here, and Aarons is going nowhere this window (even if we do sell, we'd surely insist on a loan-back clause). With Passlack, Marshall and Godfrey all able to cover RB, we'd be better off sealing a deal if we can. Let's hope this Turkish club need a right back straight away!

Guess it depends on the difference in wages between his current deal and the one the Turkish club are offering. Too big a difference and he may feel waiting 6 months to make the move isn’t the worst thing. 

I guess he will move, but plenty of players will just wait until their contract ends. 

• Like 1

Doesn't he have an option to extend his contract? If it was about wages then he wouldn't be talking to the Turkish side now at all. My guess is that he'll go in this window.

14 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Doesn't he have an option to extend his contract? If it was about wages then he wouldn't be talking to the Turkish side now at all. My guess is that he'll go in this window.

He doesn’t have an option. Club have a one year extension they can trigger, but aren’t going to obviously. 

12 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Guess it depends on the difference in wages between his current deal and the one the Turkish club are offering. Too big a difference and he may feel waiting 6 months to make the move isn’t the worst thing. 

I guess he will move, but plenty of players will just wait until their contract ends. 

It makes no difference. He will be entitled to what remains of his contract with us. Whether that is paid in full by the Turkish club or in part by others is still not affected by what he will receive from June onwards.