Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

Hands up all of you who yearn for a decision?

To be made by those who are there to make it.

That means you Munby, Delia and the rest of the board.  How much longer are we going to go on hoping that things will turn around? 

Who exactly is getting any pleasure from watching football played by our team at the moment, seeing us fall over and surrender to the mighty Derby, QPR, Wolves, Millwall, Sheff W, Reading, Leeds, get the picture do you Munby and co?

Stability, oh fine, stability on a sinking ship - cutting a course for that big iceberg called Division One, or worse still for us oldies, the third division!  Unthinkable given our assets (against smaller clubs who haven''t the size of ground, been up to the Prem etc, etc that we have enjoyed in previous years).  Who exactly is in charge of this football club, well it''s not Nigel, or the players, it''s apparently our major shareholders who must now step in and do what''s needed to preserve what we can from this sorry season.

Yes, Delia and Michael, Nigel is your friend - but that fact shouldn''t cloud your judgment over what has to be done.  How many more Derby, Millwalls do we have to bear before it''s obvious to you that Nigel isn''t going to make things better?  How much more do loyal fans have to endure before you can see that we all know what needs to be done and are asking you, as the person who has to issue the ultimatium to do it as soon as possible.

This is our football club too, we all contribute money in form of tickets, merchandise, and more importantly, we contribute loyalty and support.  Don''t our opinions or wishes count more than keeping a dinner party companion in charge of our club and therefore in control (allegedly) of a bunch of players who at best are now completely drained of any ability they once possessed and at worse brought in to replace others who they will never hope to emulate.

We have serioulsy under achieved with the likes of Green, Ashton, Hux, Safri and Doherty.  They could alll play in a top championship side given better coaching and management.  Some of the others are not worthy of a yellow shirt.  We have now lost half the games we have played.  Just how stable is that Munby?  Delia?  When exactly is Nigel going to perform this miracle turnaround?  First it was September, then October, November ....... Injuries, poor things still traumatised from relegation, adjusting to a league they had spent the previous few years in after one in the prem?  What excuses now?

I want to hear them all.  I want to know just when this board of ours is going to wake up and get rid of the management team (who don''t frankly live up to their billing) and start again.  Who with?  Initially appoint Dave Williams who at least knows what football the Norwich way is all about, then start looking for someone who can reawaken our club again and start the right way, not just fumble and puff along.  We want a team to be proud of and a team who are proud to play for the shirt.

Delia and the rest.  We need a Christmas present like no other this year.  Do it today. Pay off Nigel and his men and put Norwich City back on the football map. 

Do I ask for too much?

spot on Gaz! 100% spot on!

I implore the pinkun to print this post from Gaz off and present it to the board to show that these points are true and to the point, that the future of Norwich city MUST be without Nigel Worthington.

Delia and Michael wont lose a friend if they remove him from office, infact i think they will find the friendship will increase, Nigel will be sent away with a pay off, a handshake and an excellent reference from a club well respected in football.

Please Delia, Michael, do what we, the fans want.. dont let your hearts rule your head! make a business decision and stick to it.... we need to survive in this division... not become a cripplked and dead club through your negligence. it will ultimately be you who are held responsible, and you, who the fans turn on. which I dont want to see.

jas :)

Great post gazza.  It won''t be long now.  Delia will have found it hard to not get the message yesterday.  I think it was fantastic that she was in the stand.  I''d be willing to bet she was bombarded with people giving their thoughts during/after the match yesterday.  I''d also be willing to bet she was struggling to come up with answers.

It won''t be long now

good post i think this is the only solution i originally said give him till xmas not any more.I would love to see Burley approached dont know if it would go down to well but he has all the credentials we are looking for.

You don''t ask for too much.

I agree wholeheartedly with all you say.

That''s the Christmas present, more than any other, I really want this year. (Well, maybe apart from a little snow!)

Do it, do it NOW!

yeah easy innit? Who would you like to tke over? Jose? Arsen? Fergy?

Just Whot the f do you think we are?? wake. The coaching staff total

something like 9 people. Sack the lot? Just Worthing ton? The entire

board?

How about coming up with solututions instead of the blame game?

I said three years ago that Worthy was shallow.... the abuse I got from

people here was incredible. The football we played through the

promotion season was rubbish compared to that played by Preston and

Burnley that season. Is that what you want? Results over performnce?

Grow up

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"]yeah easy innit? Who would you like to tke over? Jose? Arsen? Fergy?

Just Whot the f do you think we are?? wake. The coaching staff total

something like 9 people. Sack the lot? Just Worthing ton? The entire

board?

How about coming up with solututions instead of the blame game?

I said three years ago that Worthy was shallow.... the abuse I got from

people here was incredible. The football we played through the

promotion season was rubbish compared to that played by Preston and

Burnley that season. Is that what you want? Results over performnce?

Grow up

[/quote]

Calm down spilt, looks like you''ve stored up that post for 2 years.

Thing is we got promoted that season & burnley & preston didn''t.

As you joined these boards on 28/11/05, where did the  ''three years ago'' bit come from Split?.

I compleatly agree with you Gazza, the club really should read your heartfelt plea.

Come on Pink Un, publish it, for all our sakes please, well done Gazza.

I respect your opinions Gazza  ,  you have the Tshirt !     but tell me , IF Nigel gets the bullet ,   and the next manager   fails dismally to motivate  this  " team "   , and gets us relegated  .....  what , in your opinion, will be coming out the mouths of the Worthy outers then ?

Its a more than possible scenario  .... once the manager hiring and firing   merry -go-round starts  its   more than likely  the slippery slope downhill  .....[D]     at the end of the day  most successful managers of  clubs of moderate means  just get lucky  ...   IMO  a " team "   that can`t motivate THEMSELVES    need   a manager with a bullwhip in one hand , and a gun in the other !

I don''t know who on Earth you are "Split Diesel", but that''s not the point.

I agree totally with you Gazza. I''ve been saying for weeks that the fans of any other club simply wouldn''t have been putting up with this. As fans we''ve been living up to our media reputation of being a nice gentile bunch who never make a fuss. Well it''s time to finally make a stand, a vocal and visible stand and let the powers that be know that we''re not putting up with this rubbish anymore

Okay Spilt Diesel, come up with your original posts saying you didn''t think Nigel was the one. Must have been under a different username, and I don''t blame you for your opinion, but then again, you surely can''t blame me for mine.  I have a lot of respect for the board of our club for certain actions, but not for what they are doing, or not doing now.  I have made no secrets of the facts that I don''t think Nigel''s style of football sits easily with Norwich City''s long standing history of playing football, and no, I don''t put results ahead of performance, per say, but come on, are we getting either under the present management?  No.  Not now.

I thought we were lucky in some ways to get up in promotion year, and no, not every match was a pleasure to watch.  I didn''t say that, what I want now is someone (ie those that can) do make some decisions and fast before it is too late to do anything for what might be years. 

I would ask the board to get rid of Worthington, Livermore and Foley who are not simply not capable of doing anything positive anymore for our club.  I have said in this thread and others previously that they could maybe appoint Dave Williams, the academy coach on a caretaker basis and then see who applies for the job, and also think about who they would like to take over.  I would ask for the likes of Burley, who is a great coach at this level and gets his sides playing good football, or Ady Boothroyd, a former coach here, Steve Tilson of Southend.  Anyone in that vein, all of who are equal or better than Worthy. 

I think you will find that one poster cannot both put forward everything they feel in one post, so here is an added supplement just for you. And anyway, just what would you do?

I was suprised in some ways to see your response to my post Allways, but I respect you greatly for all the threads we have debated together, as we maybe poles apart in how we seek a solution to this season''s performances and troubles, but not once have you accused me and others of being binners or fairweather supporters. 

I too would like to see what Burley can do, we will have to wait and see what happens. 

I  can''t speak for anyone else Sheded, but I think anyone new coming in would be given at least two years to sort out the mess.  It may not be too great to watch for a while, but sometimes we have to put up with a bit of temporary pain to cure the ills.

Nigel was originally given three years I believe - but after getting rid of Worthy the board maybe a bit more cautious, and reward him with a two year contract. 

None of us like this situation and no one I guess will be expecting miracles straight away.  Let''s just hope whoever takes over (for surely it must happen soon), makes a good start and resuces our season by keeping us in this league.

Mr Diesel, I congratulate you. After searching the postings since 5PM on Saturday, yours is the first post I have seen which is not unanimous in its criticism of Nigel, and yearning for change.

I won''t add to the original posting by Gazza, who summarised the feelings of so many people with clarity and lucidity. Nigel has been a good manager here and successful, but few managers stay at a club for 3 seasons never mind 5+. He has simply run out of things to say to the players. I''m sure he will go on to to a decent job at other clubs. But his time here is very nearly up.

The most damning criticism I can offer is my own: I wondered yesterday if we conceded one or two more if the Board would act, and I almost willed Jeff Stelling to go back to Pride Park to report this. There is a serious malaise within the club that will only grow unless action is taken. Millwall, Coventry and Derby away have yielded only 1 point from the club who beat Manure just 7 months ago.

As for a successor, several good names appear. Newell, Burley and Redknapp all have their merits. My own choice is Mark Bowen: a hard-nosed devil with an acute footballing brain, and success has followed him around in recent years. Give him a call.

Having said that, please just act. Us old farts really don''t want to go back to 1996. But if you make us cross enough, we care about the club enough to act drastically.

Bravo, win or die...