Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

20 minutes ago, Sjb said:

Probably not the best game to introduced my 3yo too. But i think he really enjoyed it. Just a shame with the couple of blokes infront of us moaning about him most of the game. Yes he didn't sit still some of the game but he tried singing on the ball city. And he did kick their chair a couple of times. If it really was a issue for them they could have simply moved a row forward instead of swearing towards us at the end of the match. 

Why do people insist on sitting in family areas when they don't like children! 

It's like those people that get annoyed at being splashed in a swimming pool!

While they shouldn't swear at you, having a kid kicking the back of your chair all game is really bloody annoying. I've had it before and usually just politely ask the child's parents to get them to stop. 

On 05/01/2019 at 22:05, king canary said:

While they shouldn't swear at you, having a kid kicking the back of your chair all game is really bloody annoying. I've had it before and usually just politely ask the child's parents to get them to stop. 

I have had a 3 year old sit/stand/wiggle/jump/kick next to me for a few games, i ended up moving seats it was so annoying, its too young, my son went from when he was 7

I had that at the last England u23 game, surrounded by about 12 young kids around 4/5 ish, kicked back of my chair, messed about for the whole first half throwing stuff around,   so we moved eventually.

Do often wonder if some kids who are taken to the football are a bit young, they just aren't that interested in watching the game or sitting still.

Best wishes from grumpy 😀

My old man first took me to the football when I was 4 I think. He told me that if I played up I’d never go again...

I must have behaved because I was at Wembley not ALL that long later. 

I’ve seen babies in the Barclay and have witnessed my own toddler running up and down the front of the South Stand desperately looking for a way he could get on to the pitch. 

I’ve taken my son and nephew when they’ve had to stand on a seat in the Barclay to be able to see. 

Ive missed goals because they need their umpteenth wee before half time but I wouldn’t change any of it. I WAS that annoying kid. Ive now racked up 35 years of Canary Watching. 

They are the next generation and, while the ground isn’t a crèche, it’s worth remembering that they’ll be standing where we used to before our legs packed up and we ended up in the South Stand whinging. 

• Like 1