Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The Arrogance of Delia Smith

Ms Smith and many City supporters are slowly parting company with each other, why?. Like all City supporters I was grateful when she stepped in with her wads of cash. However, at that time, we were still recovering from the post Chase era. At various rallies people like Roy Blowers rightly advocated not allowing one individule a majority share of the club ever again.

What happened there Roy???.

Okay, a family, rather than one single person, now has a majority hold on the club, and with that majority shareholding comes arrogance. An arrogance which allows the Smith''s to ignore the feelings of the marjority of City supporters who want our worthless manager sacked from OUR club.

She uses the binners as an example to retain Worthy''s services, as they can''t even manage their own finances, her argument is flawed from the very start. Anyone who dares to speak out against ''the best young manger in the league'' in her silly words, is shot down, often quite rudely by her.

In my opinion she exhibits the classical  ''I''m in total power'' symptoms, total arrogance in the face of reality, despite results, she still backs Worthy.

Many city supporters regard Delia as a saint, I never have though, and coupled with her lack of football knowledge, I will label her as an arrogant sinner in a footbal sense that is!.

Convince me I''m wrong Delia, sack you know who!.

I would certainly agree that she, nor the rest of the previously popular board, is doing themselves any favours by standing by the increasingly unpopular manager.

Ah, the metaphorical scab needs scratching again. Once again you hit a new low Wiz. Maybe we need to sack the manager, the board, the players and the tea lady and you should run the whole show. You seem to forget theat, without Delia''s money there problably wouldn''t be a Norwich City. My wife used to work at Carrow road and the scene of financial devastation when Ch**e left was almost the ruin of us. Really mate, blame whoever you like but not Delia Smith. 

[quote user="morty"]Ah, the metaphorical scab needs scratching again. Once again you hit a new low Wiz. Maybe we need to sack the manager, the board, the players and the tea lady and you should run the whole show. You seem to forget theat, without Delia''s money there problably wouldn''t be a Norwich City. My wife used to work at Carrow road and the scene of financial devastation when Ch**e left was almost the ruin of us. Really mate, blame whoever you like but not Delia Smith. [/quote]

But surely you can see that she''s doing her saintly reputation no favours at all by standing beside the lame duck manager?

IMO delia has convictions but not arrogance. I think chase can fairly

be described as arrogant, but not from what i''ve seen of delia. 

Her beliefs are as sincerely held as your are wiz, and i think she

genuinely believes in city and worthy. unlike other club owners she

believes in loyalty to her managers and all the staff, just look at the

laughing stock portsmouth & southampton are - mind you pompy are

still in the prem. Delia seems as stubborn as worthy that he''ll turn it

round.

For me though, its clear the players don''t believe in worthy the same

way, otherwise quality players wouldn''t underperform weekly - worthy

said it yesterday, the players didn''t follow his instructions - which

were probably score more and concede less than derby.

Arrogant she surely isn''t, determined to succeed she is, but she may

have to accept she needs a new manager to realise her ambition.

I certainly don''t regard her as some kind of deity, however, she has put up the cash to keep this club afloat, she is a genuine fan, and she is doing what she (and the rest of the board) thinks is right for the long term security of Norwich City.

I''m sure Delia is as pi**ed off at this whole mediocre patch as we all are, but it is statistically proven that sacking a manager does not prompt an immediate upturn in form. We all have to just calm down and look at this problem in a level headed manner, do you think the board all have their feet up in the boardroom, smoking cigars? I''m sure there are plans afoot, and I believe next weeks result at Crewe may be the crux of those.

There are no quick fixes, a few players back from injury, a bit of hard work and a small slice of luck are all that is needed. Players thrive on confidence which breeds good results which breeds further confidence, it will come.    

I WILL blame Delia Smith, Morty, who else is to blame for their continued support of Worthy?, Micky Mouse?.

Your KTF traites are looking rather silly after the shambles at Derby yesterday, if the manager is still here next week, IT IS Delia''s fault, and no one elses, so don''t cloud the issues..........again.

[quote user="morty"]

I certainly don''t regard her as some kind of deity, however, she has put up the cash to keep this club afloat, she is a genuine fan, and she is doing what she (and the rest of the board) thinks is right for the long term security of Norwich City.

I''m sure Delia is as pi**ed off at this whole mediocre patch as we all are, but it is statistically proven that sacking a manager does not prompt an immediate upturn in form. We all have to just calm down and look at this problem in a level headed manner, do you think the board all have their feet up in the boardroom, smoking cigars? I''m sure there are plans afoot, and I believe next weeks result at Crewe may be the crux of those.

There are no quick fixes, a few players back from injury, a bit of hard work and a small slice of luck are all that is needed. Players thrive on confidence which breeds good results which breeds further confidence, it will come.    

[/quote]

I''m sorry Morty but I''ve heard the same old c*ap from the club last season and all this season too. Do you work in their PR section mate?.

Please yourself withered, maybe we should just all finally realise that you know absoloutely everything and we''re all stupid. Oh, and, I find it amusing that someone of your obvious arrogance can actually level the same character trait at Delia Smith. Hypocrisy or irony, take your pick!!

Also, pulling much of this thread together, Whilst Delia is very loyal, she really struggled to sack Hamilton for instance, I can''t imagine that Michael W-J as a tough business man and loyal supporter and Munby and especially Doncaster as the money men must be pushing for a resolution to this chronic position as soon as possible. Doncaster will already be reporting the reduction in sales in the shop and getting agitated about future season ticket sales. Gone by Christmas. 

Fair enough, Worthington''s run out of ideas and our team is a shambles at the moment AND, you do have a right to voice whatever opinions you want. But, 1st Wizard, to rant in this kind of vitriolic manner about the person who (quite literally) saved our club - is an absolute disgrace! You''ve found a new low there - well done!