Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

County Hall Parking

Morning gang, and Happy New Year!

I'm heading up to the hallowed ground for the first time in years tonight. Just wanted to double-check that the county hall parking is still available for evening games?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by Unhinged Canary
Misplaced letters

2 hours ago, Unhinged Canary said:

Morning gang, and Happy New Year!

I'm heading up to the hallowed ground for the first time in years tonight. Just wanted to double-check that the county hall parking is still available for evening games?

Many thanks in advance!

Its £8 now but there are several charity car parks on Thorpe Rd which are only £4 just in case you didnt know

6 hours ago, Diane said:

Its £8 now but there are several charity car parks on Thorpe Rd which are only £4 just in case you didnt know

Was only 6 tonight. Maybe a cup game thing?

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

...and it takes until the following morning to get out. 

Yes, I think I saw a car move a couple of inches earlier so I'm hopeful of getting home for brunch! :classic_laugh:

I had some banter with the guy who takes the money on the way in this evening, asked why they give out a piece of paper to display on the dashboard given that there is only one way in and there is always someone there to take the money (inferring but not outright saying what  a waste of time and paper it is) - his answer? Just in case someone manages to slip through when they are not looking! 

On 05/01/2019 at 14:10, Diane said:

Can anyone give me details or possible where I can find details about parking at the charity car parks on Thorpe Road  

They’re generally full about an hour before kick off but there’s one on Barton Way, Clarence Road and behind the large office building on the south side of Yarmouth Rd, oh and the Broadland council offices as well.

Thanks, What time do most of them open as I am looking to get to Norwich early for today’s game ?

Are the car parks sign posted ?

If you get to the Barton way one about 3 hours before kick off you won’t have to pay as it’s office blocks with a large car park, not sure what time the others open tbh.