Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Ipswich transfer business

So Lambert has one through the door and seemingly is after Pilkington too....

He has got Will Keane in on loan from Hull.

Will Keane - a striker who has a career record of 5 goals in 69 games. 

The Scummers on TW(@)Td confidently predicting he's about to have his best ever goalscoring spell for them... With 20 games left, he's got an uphill struggle to do that - he would need to score 2 goals to best his average of 1 every 14 games to date.

Here's hoping Accrington batter them today despite their new "star" centre forward.

You must remember that ' the boys need a hand ' even though they have been ' triffik and brilliant ' since Lambert came in.

I know it is just some random website, but the prediction here is hilarious. How bad is it when Accrington Stanley are being projected as favourites for a win? 😂😂😂

image.png.52f383d12618b8d04bc3c62f03ac2048.png

I'll be quite surprised if town actually score a goal today.

2 Goals first half for Accrington, then they will ease up second half and give their youth a run out.:classic_smile:

Fun game. Assuming we make 11 changes or close to it today, how many of our fringe players would walk into ipswich's first choice 11. I bet 11. Even Mcgovern is better than what theyve got.

Watching intermittently on ESPN+. Accrington could easily have been 1:0 up at HT, great chance in the 46th minute. Stanley generally dominating the game; Town have managed 1 shot on target all half. Town keeper much the busier, and the blank scoreline is mainly down to him.

Edited by westcoastcanary

Do Ipswich need a goalkeeper? We may have one available with some relevant experience of Championship relegation battles and L1 push for promotion. Available for loan or purchase. 

I had the first half on in the background whilst at the park with my daughter. Accrington could easily be 3 or 4 up and one of the scummers should have been sent off accroding to Radio Suffolk. Come on Stanley.

Commentator on ESPN+ "If you had to guess, you'd be hard pushed to say which of these sides was from the championship" 😂

Oh dear .........TW@TTED will be a real evening of top-class entertainment tonight 🤣

8 minutes ago, Willmeister said:

To TWTD! I assume they still think that they’re going to suddenly hit Championship winning form to stay up.

They did just sign Will Keane to be fair. Prolific striker with 5 goals in 70 appearances who is about to hit the best form of his career and is seriously "under-rated" apparently.... 

..........the Messiah continues his good work to take them to the place where they truly belong (fill in as you see fit...........) 😎 

Can someone redub that advert to 'Ipswich Town, who are they?"

I'm sure they'll take it in good humour.

Did you see Lambert's post match interview? Was scathing! Basically said it was a disgrace the club has been lead into this position, players are awful and many are going to get kicked out and that he'll sign "6 players that 'get' the club if need be".

And there we have it, Lambert falling out with people, bang on cue lol. If he walks this time, surely it's curtains on his managerial career...

I guess given our result we can’t really crow about theirs on this occasion. Like us, they’ll probably not really mind being able to “concentrate on the league”.

6 minutes ago, Grando said:

I guess given our result we can’t really crow about theirs on this occasion. Like us, they’ll probably not really mind being able to “concentrate on the league”.

We had an entire fringe team, with 10 men for 76 mins against the runaway League one leaders who got a lucky breakaway goal after being dominated all day long. They got outplayed and well beaten by a bang average mid-table league one side, with almost a full strength XI on the field for 90mins. Not comparable. Although I'm sure they're not bright enough to see that.

When is Lambert going to start spending that 10 million war chest he was promised?  It's January, the clock is ticking and Evans has big bag of money that's burning a hole in his pocket..... apparently. 

Uh oh, the cavalry is coming.

Colin Quaner signed on loan from Huddersfield. Scored 3 in 52 apps for Hudds so their fearsome new look strike force has a combined record of 8 goals in 130ish games. Between them they barely average a goal every 16 games.

I thought Lambert was meant to be trying to improve them but it looks like he's actually trying to find players who score even less goals than the ****e they already have.