Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Ipswich transfer business

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That’s one I was thinking of, just had the wrong club ! 😁 Most expensive teenager at the time 

Bloody hell, he’s dead ! 

Apparently The Binners are agreeing a short-term deal with James Collins.

Their season is shaping up like our 08-09. 'Promising' loans and freebies and now they have their Dejan Stefanovic - a past-it and injured but 'experienced' centre back.

Alun Evans (I think

First £100,000 teenager

Wolves to Liverpool

Much as it's fun to point and laugh, Lambert does have previous for getting the best out of unspectacular players. Collins will add a bit of steel and experience, I've always rated him as a player. And in signing Keane, Quaner and Dawkins, he's clearly going for goals and trying to get them playing on the front foot.

In summary, I'm not going to start pointing and laughing until a) we've beaten them in February; and b) they're still bottom of the league in March.

• Like 2

But not doing too well once he was bereft of his two assistants.

And he previously also had a bit of money to back him - something that is missing at poorman road

The paupers are bottom and well adrift-of the rest, with falling attendances to boot.

What better time to laugh than now ?

image.png.a9af9a266cc33d2c9e3bc647a69a807c.png

Seems there's a cluster of Norwich fans in the bottom right, maybe they wanted to point and laugh in the first person...

I'm not laughing at them until we've beaten them in the derby. It'd be just like bloody Lambert to come back here and squeak a spawny 1-0.

I suspect you are about the only one not currently laughing at them

As to the pic it is given as 28/9/13 v Brighton - though I would be surprised if they were Brighton fans in their away strip (yellow)

I am still laughing at them and thoroughly enjoying their plight, but I still have a horrible nagging doubt about the derby. Once we've put them to the sword I'll be back in full schadenfreude mode!

• Like 2

At least he seems to be getting what he wanted - six new players before the window closes.  The quality was never going to be high, but they'll 'give the lads a hand'.  i do wonder what the rest of the squad think, given his assertion that they need a lot of players to bring the quality up.  I too am nervous, as always, of the game on Feb 10th...

I think the funniest moment with that lot was when they thought they had finally won at Carrow Rd last season. I couldn't cheer our last minute equalising goal, for laughing so much.

Happy to see them languish in Division 3 for a bit then yo yo into the Championship. That club has to drag it's mentality into the present from the 60s-80s, otherwise the decline and stagnation will simply continue. Imagine being a player there and constantly (no matter how well you are doing) being reminded at every single home game that you will never be as good as at team of yester-year. Must do wonders for their teams collective spirit. Virtually every flag or placard they have displayed, references a player from nearly 40 years ago (apart from the amusing/embarrassing Hurst one).

As for those transfers, he has to effectively start again with a near half new team. Without the benefit of a pre-season, and still produce probably the greatest half season they have had there for 10 years...……………..very unlikely. 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

But not doing too well once he was bereft of his two assistants.

And he previously also had a bit of money to back him - something that is missing at poorman road

The paupers are bottom and well adrift-of the rest, with falling attendances to boot.

What better time to laugh than now ?

image.png.a9af9a266cc33d2c9e3bc647a69a807c.png

Slightly off topic, but when the poor old place was rocking usually once a season, see who you can spot in the below pic, maybe a celebrity under cover police officer,  and looking very happy, and maybe a few others you will recognise ?

Edited by Lessingham Canary
forgot attachment

5 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Slightly off topic, but when the poor old place was rocking usually once a season, see who you can spot in the below pic, maybe a celebrity under cover police officer,  and looking very happy, and maybe a few others you will recognise ?

image.png.675839aae9c22747a59389c06c5fb63a.png

Did you see the TNC interview this week with Karsa? Very illuminating just how much was done here by him and Culverhouse, and a very diplomatic answer to the question the role of Lambert. Something like “front of house, which is proper” 

Will never forget what that team did for us, but very illuminating on who was doing what then. 

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Did you see the TNC interview this week with Karsa? Very illuminating just how much was done here by him and Culverhouse, and a very diplomatic answer to the question the role of Lambert. Something like “front of house, which is proper” 

Will never forget what that team did for us, but very illuminating on who was doing what then. 

And anunderstandable explanation of why Lambert has done little else since Villa.

13 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Don’t suppose you can point me in the right direction for this so I can have a listen? 

37 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I love the guy giving it the full on stone cold Steve Austin double middle finger salute. Simple and classic!

Slightly more worried by the sight of the City fan back left, giving the steward a celebratory snog!

Luckily for that working man we only scored once:classic_blush:.

Best yet from TWTD re: Lambert:
"I might even go as far to say, let's start saving for another statue!"

They were suggesting one for Beattie too.

At this rate they'll have more statues than fans in attendance.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Lambert is doing a great job for himself. He's realised pretty early on that, somehow, their fan base is that little bit worse off on the IQ front than most others.

They lose week in week out and the fans start to lay blame at Lambert. Then he simply has a midweek press conference where he says things like:

"Itll turn for us and when it does itll be one heck of a rollercoaster"

"Fans were terrific."

"Club is fantastic. Brilliant club. Magnificent. "

If that doesnt quite convince them (it usually does), he brings Matt Holland or somebody similar to a training session and the fans lap him up as being the best manager theyve had.

Its brilliant to watch.

I would say though that Collins is the first player that might actually improve them. The rest are proven failures at this level, bar maybe Quaner whos goal record is poor regardless.

14 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Lewis Collins now signed. Looks like a good one for them

They're after Benteke now ...

They've signed a dead bloke! Thigs are getting desperate for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

They've signed a dead bloke! Thigs are getting desperate for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know where that came from. I didn't even like The Professionals. 

Or was it Starsky & Hutch? Hinge & Bracket? :classic_unsure:

4 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Lewis Collins now signed. Looks like a good one for them

They're after Benteke now ...

What are the chances of them letting Benteke out on loan?! I'd say pretty much zero, they've really missed him while he's been injured and they've offloaded Sorloth. Hodgson can't wait to have him back... read more here