Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Ipswich transfer business

Where’s the link to Pilks going to Wigan. Hope so as I always liked him and would prefer if yet another didn’t choose to tarnish their name for a lost cause

25 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Where’s the link to Pilks going to Wigan. Hope so as I always liked him and would prefer if yet another didn’t choose to tarnish their name for a lost cause

All over TWTD.

EADT Chief footy writer seems to confirm it (without naming Wigan specifically)

image.png.9534a8eb9fb06bb533b705ac6dcc41a7.png

Fingers crossed then.

i just committed a sin. I feel dirty but I just had a flick through TWTD.

Does anybody else find their love-in for lambert a little icky, a little embarrassing (considering he’s the ex-boss of their bitter rivals), not to mention also a bit misguided? I mean surely his record isn’t much better than hursts is it? 

Just cant imagine if George burley was apponted our boss, and managed one win in however many that I’d be falling head over heels in love like they are with lambert. 

Weird

7 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Fingers crossed then.

i just committed a sin. I feel dirty but I just had a flick through TWTD.

Does anybody else find their love-in for lambert a little icky, a little embarrassing (considering he’s the ex-boss of their bitter rivals), not to mention also a bit misguided? I mean surely his record isn’t much better than hursts is it? 

Just cant imagine if George burley was apponted our boss, and managed one win in however many that I’d be falling head over heels in love like they are with lambert. 

Weird

His record is worse than Hurst's I believe. They're going after our cast offs at a record rate - They'll be begging to sign Oli Johnson before you know it. They want to be us so badly it's actually quite embarrassing.

Hursts league record = W1, D6, L8

lamberts league record = W1, D3, L7

not a lot to choose there. Yet some how they want to have babies with lambert. 

If we had an ex-scummer as our boss with that record, I’m pretty sure we’d be wanting him out!! Lol

0.54 points per game for Lambert

0.46 for Hurst.

You can see why that kind of improvement has him marked out as the messiah.... right?

A mathematician writes

The binners currently have 15 points after 26 games

If 45 points is a reasonable target that would mean 30 more points ie 1.5 points a game

Which had they achieved that average after the 26 games they would now be on 39 points - 7th place !

By all means reduce that target figure of 45 points to say 40 and it would still mean now being in 16th place with more than double their current total

Whereas Rotherham in 4th from bottom are on an average that would see them hit the 45 point mark.

At he moment if nothing drastically changes they look dead in the water

23 minutes ago, kick it off said:

0.54 points per game for Lambert

0.46 for Hurst.

You can see why that kind of improvement has him marked out as the messiah.... right?

Hurst = 9 points from 15 games - ie 0.6 points per game

Lambert 6 points from 11 games - ie 0.54 points per game

Hurst wins

12 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Hurst = 9 points from 15 games - ie 0.6 points per game

Lambert 6 points from 11 games - ie 0.54 points per game

Hurst wins

Maths has never been my strong suit. Thanks for correcting.

Lambert continues his search for player

image.png

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

Lambert continues his search for player

image.png

I actually thought it was Lambo getting into his ITFC courtesy Maserati.....?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

He was really highly touted at one stage. Think he got picked up from spurs by a german club then vanished like that tranmere kid who went to Bayern.

That’s really got me wondering what happened to the Tranmere kid. There was also one who moved from Charlton to Liverpool? He disappeared but I think he suffered with a bad injury

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

That’s really got me wondering what happened to the Tranmere kid. There was also one who moved from Charlton to Liverpool? He disappeared but I think he suffered with a bad injury

I was wrong - Dawkins never went to Germany - he just vanished entirely. Villa squad player, loan to San Jose, Derby squad player, San Jose... then failed trials with Charlton before this season started. They are pinning their hopes on a guy who wasn't even good enough for a League one team.

As for the Tranmere kid, holy **** he has had a spectacular fall from grace! Bayern Munich to Runcorn Town in 5 years in the prime of his career. Unbelievable Jeff.

image.png.0da02affed6c54e1d3154eac2cc57824.png

image.png.32e9fdb6afbe724339e50fd61e0bf694.png

Edited by kick it off

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

There was also one who moved from Charlton to Liverpool? He disappeared but I think he suffered with a bad injury

That was Jonjo Shelvey wasn't it?

20 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

He must be the first Ipswich player to be tracked since Gary Croft had his tag removed...

Come on, this was a very funny comment by me an no one appreciated it!

Philistines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

That was Jonjo Shelvey wasn't it?

No, I’m going back to early 80s ( but not Paul Walsh) 

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

Anyone remember Wayne Harrison - Oldham to Liverpool as a teenager but never played.

I think this calls for a different thread entirely. To the main page fellow warriors, a new thread shall be opened in your honour

4 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Anyone remember Wayne Harrison - Oldham to Liverpool as a teenager but never played.

That’s one I was thinking of, just had the wrong club ! 😁 Most expensive teenager at the time