Sign in to follow this  
PrestonXIII

Maddison To Man Utd

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theweek.co.uk/premier-league/98714/man-utd-transfer-news-eric-bailly-kalidou-koulibaly-james-maddison-pochettino%3famp 

Not sure if that link worked, 1 rumour is Madz to Man Utd in the summer.. there's some sell on money for us surely?? 🙈

I think he should look to spend another season with Leicester before making the next big move, he did choose us over Spurs / Liverpool so I'm sure he'd only want to move if he was guaranteed first team football. Not sure how much United would be able to offer him currently with Pogba playing higher and Lingard to compete with?

When he goes I'm sure it will be for at least £50m (if end of next season with performances continuing like this, maybe even £70m!) - could be good for us!

Plus who knows who their manager will be next season? No matter what promises are made, he could end up not playing for three years.

Although financially he'd be set for life, so not all bad.

Edited by Nuff Said

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Plus who knows who their manager will be next season? No matter what promises are made, he could end up not playing for three years.

Although financially he'd be set for life, so not all bad.

Pretty sure it said that this is who pochettino wanted so man utd would get him in the hope of luring him there 

Nailed on premier League regular at Leicester. Man Utd is not a good move for him right now. 

Madders is not a Premier League top 4 quality player, but no way would he turn down Man Utd. He could earn top dollar for 3 years and then join Spurs.

But this is the problem that good young English players face. Clubs like Manchester United can afford to buy Maddison, or players like him, and then sit them on the bench for half a season or more. They deny other clubs their sevices but more importantly stiffle the player's development. He would be better playing with a mid-table club and enhancing his reputation for at least another season. 

Leicester will get at least double what they paid, he is playing well and making them tick. I think we sold well with him, made the deal early allowing us a plan to bring in our targets. He was an unproven player at Prem standard and hopefully we will benefit from a move, if it comes off. We as a team, playing as a team, have also benefitted with his transfer, so good news all round.

I do wonder if Man Utd are serious about him or just trying to unsettle a rival team playing well though.

In any case I seem to remember (maybe incorrectly) that it was reported we went for the best up front offer with an absence of staged payments and clauses, would the sell on clause also take a hit in these circumstances?