Sign in to follow this  
Budgie

Are Worthy's Successors Lining-up?

This is a bit tongue in cheek really, but I just had to have a chuckle while reading the EDP Sport section this morning.

If you look closely at some of the reports you can visualise several current club managers advertising their availability.

Robert Fleck. Last week the Diss manager was talking about his desire to manage at a higher level - who he admired in management, and had worked under. This week he went a long way in trying to prove he has the language to be a higher-level manager!

He called his team ''spineless'' - no kidding - after its ''dreadful'' display in a 2-1 defeat against lowly Newmarket. ''I am not a happy man''; ''At the moment I can''t motivate them''. Sounds like ideal material for the Carrow Road hot-seat to me!

Steve Bruce is considering retirement because of the pressure caused by Birmingham''s poor start to the season. He concedes he is allowing his home life to be affected by his job. ''For the last three or four weeks my family has suffered because I''ve been suffering,'' he said. Little chance of a Norwich legend being put under pressure at comfy Carrow Road, is there?

Roy Keane''s proposed move to Real Madrid is now in doubt after the club''s manager was sacked. Keane had been holding talks over the weekend about a proposed 18-month contract. Now he is wondering where he is at. I suppose the ambitious City board could offer him the £7.5m parachute payment to turn the club round?

Real Madrid''s ex-manager Luxemburgo. He is not quoted as saying anything (hasn''t learnt English yet, I suppose) but he sounds ideal: ''... failed to inspire his men this season...'' Real Madrid are fourth in the Primera Liga, just three points behind joint leaders Barcelona and Osasuna.

Now THAT is failure!