Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Season tickets renewal

The renewal packs will be coming out any day soon 

As Webber seems to be signing players to a good standard would you be willing to pay an increase on your season ticket price to fund a better squad?

i would be prepared to accept a 25 percent increase if it meant a better squad next season?

am I in a minority?

I would accept (and expect) a reasonable increase for PL football. If the cost went up 20%, but half of that increase was refunded if we are not promoted, I'd take that.

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

They didn't offer a rebate on non promotion last time from what I remember. 

No, they didn't, you're right. I expect an increase irrespective of division as prices have been frozen for a few years now. I just think it'd be a nice gesture to keep wavering fans on side if our season does take a turn for the worse...

For some context- our cheapest season ticket is £500. A 20 or 25% increase would make it over £600.

According to the BBC price of football survey only 4 Premier League teams (Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool) have their cheapest season ticket priced over £600.

This season's cheapest PL season tickets, for reference. Looking at some of the figures below, a 20% increase suddenly seems less palatable...

1429586.jpg.bb344a9ac8e7d4cff248f8dfce755efc.jpg

Worth bearing in mind that you get 23 home League games in the Championship and only 19 in the Premier League which does balance it up a bit. 

• Like 1

Lots of fag packet accounting here but if you assume 22,000 season tickets at £500 a pop, then season ticket revenue is £11m and 25% of that is £2.75m. Which pales in comparison to the £100m + that we'd get for being in the Premier League.

3 hours ago, River End Canary said:

The renewal packs will be coming out any day soon 

As Webber seems to be signing players to a good standard would you be willing to pay an increase on your season ticket price to fund a better squad?

i would be prepared to accept a 25 percent increase if it meant a better squad next season?

am I in a minority?

Yes.

The next Board meeting is on 18th January so i expect the season ticket renewal prices will be published the week commencing 21st.

What if the price of scampi went up 25% ?

It would probably mean there is a world shortage and lead to quotas and even higher prices. It could become a thing of the past at the Gunn Club.

This "cheapest season ticket" really is a nonsense. It doesn't take into account where the ticket is or how many are available. Our cheapest tickets are available in the whole Barclay, whole river end and the three corners. Then the wings of the south and main stands are only a little dearer.

Our prices certainly aren't the cheapest but comparing only makes sense if you use the equivalent seat elsewhere.

Our prices certainly aren't the cheapest but comparing only makes sense if you use the equivalent seat elsewhere.

The price of ours isn't stopping people buying them.

And I remember people were going to give up beer when it reached a pound a pint. And when fags reached a fiver.

People moan about the price of fuel but by a bottle of water for more money.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This "cheapest season ticket" really is a nonsense. It doesn't take into account where the ticket is or how many are available. Our cheapest tickets are available in the whole Barclay, whole river end and the three corners. Then the wings of the south and main stands are only a little dearer.

That may be but I still think putting them up to north of £600 would be pretty expensive no matter how plentiful they are.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

What if the price of scampi went up 25% ? 

Remember the good old days when a packet of fags around 10 pence  for 10 got you into the ground through the Police Gate

A GALLON of petrol cost four shillings and six pence - that's 22p in today's money.

A PACKET of 20 cigarettes cost 18p.

A POUND of butter was 18p, a loaf was 4p, a pint of milk 3p and six eggs just 8p.

Cheapest season ticket, 25% increase, cheapest tickets over £600 all a nonsense.

Are STs sold out again after the half seasons were snapped up?

Edited by nutty nigel
Thick

30 minutes ago, daly said:

Remember the good old days when a packet of fags around 10 pence  for 10 got you into the ground through the Police Gate

A GALLON of petrol cost four shillings and six pence - that's 22p in today's money.

A PACKET of 20 cigarettes cost 18p.

A POUND of butter was 18p, a loaf was 4p, a pint of milk 3p and six eggs just 8p.

No, and I'm 47.

Simply cannot see any substantial price increases on the back of us not selling out the allocation in how many years? Inflationary 4% plus a little more - more than likely.

Moreover the point for NCFC shouldn't be about getting people through the gates, but how can they squeeze extra £'s out of each of us when we are there. The food and drink offering at the ground is decent, but could be better. Decent pint systems and turnaround time would improve consumption dramatically. Look at what Spurs have in place, it isn't hugely revolutionary tech to be honest. I mean, even python lines would be an improvement and normal priced beer. The "Bottle Bank" does okay it seems, but they haven't really maximised that area I don't think.