Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy

Stadium Manager this is for you.

I make no excuse for bringing the appalling PA system back to this forum.At the Forest match young Denver Clinton was paraded onto the pitch as the Community Hero.Luckily it was there for all to see on the big screen but as for knowing what the story was behind his appearance this was lost because of the awful PA.At the Derby match,when the lights failure occurred,many people complained about not knowing what was happening because there were no announcements.Had there been,it would have been almost impossible to understand what was being said.Imagine what might have happened in an emergancy evacuation situation. Through this forum (I have tried most other methods) I invite the stadium manager to sit in the Community Stand from about 2:30 until kick off to experience this shambles.On a slightly more minor point.Why do we need at least three/four people making announcements.

Maybe it would be possible to use the flags in The Barclay as semaphore signals in the event of the PA not being up to scratch. 😎

I make no excuse for bringing the appalling PA system back to this forum.At the Forest match young Denver Clinton was paraded onto the pitch as the Community Hero.Luckily it was there for all to see on the big screen but as for knowing what the story was behind his appearance this was lost because of the awful PA.At the Derby match,when the lights failure occurred,many people complained about not knowing what was happening because there were no announcements.Had there been,it would have been almost impossible to understand what was being said.Imagine what might have happened in an emergancy evacuation situation. Through this forum (I have tried most other methods) I invite the stadium manager to sit in the Community Stand from about 2:30 until kick off to experience this shambles.On a slightly more minor point.Why do we need at least three/four people making announcements.

Sorry could you type that again. I didn't quite catch it.

PA is rubbish and then there is the whole question of the floodlights failing at a key point in the last game.  Some big questions being asked of the Chief Operating Officer (newly promoted) and not a lot being offered  by way of return.  He's slacking already!  Bring back the Doomcaster 😉 

Heaven forbid if our oversize spinny thingy looky likey iPhone advertising board doo da jobby, that's strategically positioned in the infill in front of the most visual aesthetically pleasing hotel.......failed...... and especially if at the time it was advertising a future fantabulous function in our Matriarch's restyrunt......I'm sure 'heads would bl00dy roll!'.......Oh yeah.......Fah Shoor!.....

Can't see that in the Barclay - when will the pop one up in the other end of the ground? Which, actually, could have just been put onto a white screen when the lights went out and job done 😛

Did we complain like this when we were fogged off for a bit? Was at a Charlton match when the keeper didn't know it was fogged off until a copper emerged from the gloom in the penalty area to tell him. The stands were empty