Sign in to follow this  
Miss Demeanor

Recent Refs

For two out of the last three games we have had ref's who seem to be not up to the standard required in this league. We have had two stonewall penalties not given, the most obvious handball you'll ever see and today's foul.

With so much at stake, millions and millions of pounds, you would expect to have competent refs. I'm guessing that VAR will not be used in the Champs next year, just the Prem, more's the pity, but even without it we have two officials close to the action in either half and they can't seem to get it right! 

I really think the ref's performance against Forest was close to being as bad as our favourite Simon Hoopers officiating has ever been against us. Today's decision, as was the case in the Forest game has IMO cost us three points in both games, games, which had we won, would have had us four points clear at the top.

Rant over.

OTBC

Paddy Davitt did the post match interview with DF. Said he had never seen him as angry. Or outspoken as much in his comments.

The ref's have been very poor this season. That is saying something. But I guess it's the same for all teams?

It doesn't necessarily have to average out over the season though, as some claim. Some teams will gain from bad decisions, some will lose.

I've always felt that there's an agenda in the Premiership,  big Clubs get more than there share of decisions,  I'm convinced that if they can get enough 'big Clubs ' back in the Premiership,  they'll shut the door to promotion. Leeds, Derby, Villa, Forest, Wednesday and even Sunderland would be financially more attractive than Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Huddersfield, Palace or, dare I say it Norwich! 

15 hours ago, Miss Demeanor said:

Today's decision, as was the case in the Forest game has IMO cost us three points in both games, games, which had we won, would have had us four points clear at the top.

Haven't we missed most of our penalties this season? Hardly a given.

The ref's have been poor, but across the entire division. It's not been just us. It just so happens that we've had some really poor decisions in games where we've not picked up maximum points so it obviously feels a little worse.

You would think the refereeing quality would be improving as the money in this division continues to rise and the cost of promotion and relegation is heightened.