Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match thread v Brentford*****

Happily take that point, especially with the other results coming in. Time to have a rest for some of the players.

Far from auto promotion form, but a week off next week so a chance to lick some wounds. 2 points dropped today though.

Hard fought point at end of hectic xmas schedule. Not ideal but il take it giben injuries and other results.

In other news, radio suffolk went down for over a minute because their commentator punched the table so hard when millwall's 3rd went in 😂😂😂

WBA and Leeds both had a straight red today too.

• Haha 1

Yup could have been worse, I guess. But having scored three goals in each of the last two home games, can't help but feel we should have 5 more points - making us top and 7 clear of third.

I wonder if there will be anything in the kitty to freshen up a little in January?

Happy with this. Hard fought point keeping us unbeaten away since August and hopefully the start of another unbeaten run. Only Sheff Utd really gained. The game against them will be another Carrow Road big one. What a season we are having.🙃

WE were not playing well, so it's a result we cannot complain about... Hernandez really irritated me with his constant dribbling and giving the ball away. 

I suspect an early defeat in the FA Cup this year wouldn’t go amiss for a change.

We’re getting closer than ever to fielding our 2nd eleven.

I believe we can beat West Brom and Sheff Utd at home. This will set us up really nicely.

2nd on New year's Day. 2 points off top. Will do

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy with this. Hard fought point keeping us unbeaten away since August and hopefully the start of another unbeaten run. Only Sheff Utd really gained. The game against them will be another Carrow Road big one. What a season we are having.🙃

Given our current injuries it would be useful for  one team or other to get through to the 4th Round, so it is postponed.

• Like 2

Srbeny should have scored that ,puts himself about ,wins the ball in the air..but just cannot finish....but probably a good point given the first half and a couple of good saves from Krul in the 2nd.

....in other news Ipswich have just been relegated

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

3 minutes ago, unique said:

I suspect an early defeat in the FA Cup this year wouldn’t go amiss for a change.

We’re getting closer than ever to fielding our 2nd eleven.

A total disrespect for the competition needed here. Let's see how some of the U23s can do.

E

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I believe we can beat West Brom and Sheff Utd at home. This will set us up really nicely.

2nd on New year's Day. 2 points off top. Will do

Even winning one of these would be great given the injuries. By Feb hopefully we will have the whole squad back and injury free ready to finish in the top 2.

Decent point considering how poorly we played. Krul made a couple of excellent saves.

Injuries now a major concern. Play the U23s against Portsmouth.

• Like 2

Decent point.

Find the lack of rotation confusing however- we've picked up two more injuries today, both to players who've not been rested in a fair while.

Also feeling like Farke isn't interested in using a few in this squad- playing wingbacks with two up top I thought Marshall would have been the addition to add a different type of supply line. I don't see the point in bringing on Srbeny unless we were going to start knocking it long.

Just now, Otis62 said:

And Krul made some very important saves today.

We owe the point to him today- that save at 1-0 was fantastic.

Thats definitely a point gained rather than two lost. Very poor display so great to come away unbeaten. We desperately need to get some players back from injury soon

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy with that nutty? I doubt if that's the view in the dressing room. It was poor from start to finish and in all honesty we didn't deserve to get anything from that game. Our MOM, Krul.

Edited by westcoastcanary

Just now, westcoastcanary said:

Happy with that nutty? I doubt if that's the view in the dressing room. It was poor from start to finish and in all honesty we didn't deserve to get anything from that game.

It may not be for the dressing room. But it will do for many fans. Me included.

2 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Happy with that nutty? I doubt if that's the view in the dressing room. It was poor from start to finish and in all honesty we didn't deserve to get anything from that game. Our MOM, Krul.

That's why most are happy to come out with a point. We didn't play at our best, we lost a couple of players, one too early, yet we didn't lose.

Great point after all roller coaster last weeks.

Very hard games January and most of inj players is out until end of the month.

May be better to win cup and be off Sheff Utd very imp game than both off cup and played on schedule.

Vrancic very bad today !Trybull MoM for me!

We need badly rest after all this hectic weeks both mental and physical and regroup after cup!

Unreal season !  

any news Tettey and Marco what kind of inj is?

That was the poorest I've seen us play this season, but we still managed to exert some pressure in the last quarter of the match and ultimately save an unlikely point. Derby madness aside, we have a great habit of finishing games strongly which will no doubt serve us well in the second half of the season.