Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Nelson Oliveria to Swansea

Wasn't it Swansea who offered £8 million when his stock was a lot higher ? If so they will be getting a bargain at today's current value.

Whatever anyone thinks of Oliveira, he will sadly sell for way below his market value sadly - not knocking the club, that’s not my thing, just how the situation is unfortunately. I for one will not be surprised if he starts banging the goals in for Swansea, but that said, what a gem we unearthed in Pukki on a free!

I'm not sure what Oliveira's value is. It's all very well being capable of being a great striker but actually being that in practise is another matter.

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Whatever anyone thinks of Oliveira, he will sadly sell for way below his market value sadly - not knocking the club, that’s not my thing, just how the situation is unfortunately. I for one will not be surprised if he starts banging the goals in for Swansea, but that said, what a gem we unearthed in Pukki on a free!

Webber's record in the transfer market suggests the complete opposite - the sad bit is that Nelson's market value now is a fraction of what it was 18 months ago, if indeed he has any value at all.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him scoring some goals if he gets a move elsewhere but his record strongly suggests that he won't do it consistently. He might have a purple patch for a while but his overall career stats aren't particularly good.

If he goes there he'll bang in a few goals, look like a world beater then come out with some guff about playing for a club that believes in him, etc, etc.

Fast forward a few weeks freezing Welsh rain is hammering down on the utopia that is Swansea and it won't be such sweetness and light .....😀

Swansea have a big wages bill and are only interested in reducing it. Whether Nelson fits that objective is highly debatable. I presume they would have to shift Bony before they consider bringing in any new surly strikers. 

Nelson has been linked with Swansea before and that turned out to be nothing apart from a rumour, so I don’t hold much sted in this report. I guess Webber and Nelson’s agent will be getting his name out there in order to try and get something to happen. Personally I think he’ll still be at the club come February. 

I just hope it is kosher and we rid ourselves of a player who never came to grips with what was needed at the club and his personality is totally opposite to the current one enjoyed by the squad at the moment.