Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

OT: PL Relegation

I think Huddersfield, Burnley and Southampton will fill the bottom three PL places.

If Burnley are relegated history suggests we could change divisions too as both clubs had promotion/relegation seasons in 84/85, 94/95, 03/04, 08/09, 09/10, 13/14, 14/15 and 15/16 (I think!)

Crazy coincidence!

If those three do, several of our former players who left for ‘better things’ could be passing us in the other direction.

Huddersfield will struggle to get 20 points and Wagner will be off. Joined by Southampton and Cardiff. Pritchard, Redmond and Murphy will be back right where they started, with us hopefully going in the other direction.

I was thinking that this post may have been about Paul Lambert relegation !!

• Haha 1

I think it will be Huddersfield and Southampton plus one of Cardiff or Newcastle. I can't see Burnley or Palace being down there at the end of the season, and I have a suspicion that Fulham will work it out too.

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

If those three do, several of our former players who left for ‘better things’ could be passing us in the other direction.

I can think of Pritchard & Redmond, who have I missed ?

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Robbie Brady at Burnley

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Angus Gunn at Southampton as well but he was never our player (apart from a youngster!)

Edited by JF

I think Burnley might make a go of it for the remainder of the season. But they may well need to spend for a change to bolster a side that looks Championship on paper.

Huddersfield, who cannot score do look poor and doomed. I say poor but that is what the Prem is like.

I think Cardiff have Championship personnel who are inspired by a controversial, but to me, an inspired, manager. I think they will come down.

Southampton showed enough yesterday to make me think they can play but I think they may have sold too many players (remind you of another club) and will find it very difficult to get out of the bottom three.

Fulham have spent but either not enough or unwisely but may just have the firepower to stay up.

Newcastle and Palace have experienced managers who have won things rather than battle relegation too often and I think, certainly Newcastle, could attract players in during the January window to keep them up.

Huddersfield, Cardiff and Southampton.

Replaced by Leeds, WBA and probably us. Although I am not sure if we are in any position to look forward to another season in the Prem. But if you play well enough to go up, that is the prospect.

Huddy are not going to survive without a new coach and massive spending. Another bad home loss tonight.

Fulham are not good enough to survive.

Soton for the third spot.

I was hoping Huddersfield would stay up. As we're following a similar blueprint, but with less money. 😟

I think it will be them, Cardiff and Newcastle.

I'm hoping  Cardiff stay up, purely because I'd like to see Warnock achieve it - even though I hate watching  his teams! Id like to see Fulham  go down because if we don't  get promotion they are likely to be stuffed if they get relegated!

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

My wish for Burnley to change divisions looks unlikely. Hope it's not an omen!

Unfortunately their clever, risky but courageous tactic of dropping Joe Hart seems to be working. Reinstate Joe now, Dyche!!