Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

West Brom striker problem

Jay Rodriguez sent off for violent conduct yday so will miss the next 3 (inc our visit to Hawthorns). Dwight Gayle out with a hamstring which could be several weeks.

I fancy their form may fall off a bit without those two. Certainly will do us no harm when we have to go there to have those 2 missing.

Unfortunately, one of the games he misses will be the FA Cup 3rd round tie.

At least they should be tested at Blackburn New Year’s Day.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if that red card gets rescinded - couldn’t see much in it from the highlights. But then this is the football authorities we are talking about so frankly who knows.

They may be missing a couple of strikers but likewise we could well be missing a couple of defenders.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

They may be missing a couple of strikers but likewise we could well be missing a couple of defenders.

Knudsen  and chambers?

certainly helps us;  but if they could find a way to ensure harvey barnes is also missing that would be perfect.

mind you it is not like we dont have our own injury issues

I think the loss of Leitner, Buendia and Lewis is a hell of a lot worse for us to be honest. If we can go the whole game without conceding a corner we might still outscore them.

Our defensive problems started with the introduction of Ben Godfrey remove him and replace with Hanley with Zimmerman to left back and all is well with the world or even a straight back 3 with Hanley 

Not certain this is accurate.  Zimmerman was clearly the problem for Derby's  last goal and all their other goals came from goal mouth scrambles and lucky ricochets.   I think Godfrey has played 4 games in defense.  The first two we had no problems. For the Forest game, he was moved to the right side of defense to accommodate Klose who didn't seem to be fully fit, and the last game he was moved to left back, where he was one of the better players.  Overall, I cannot recall any mistakes he has made and he seems to have been pretty consistent.

Zimmermann at LB would be disastrous mobility a strong factor against him,  Pinto would be an option if fit haven't heard much lately not ideal though.  Possibility would be three at back with two wing backs for first half maybe?

Zimmerman was exposed by Marriotts pace and looked like he needs a rest, Hanley or Godfrey, if Hanley then Godfrey looked very comfortable at left back. As KK stated first 3 were not down to Zimmerman. 

I don't think Farke will actually drop Zimmerman due to that mistake, that's not his style. Hanley will probably figure against Portsmouth and will retain his place if he does ok. May have been a different story had Lewis been fit as Godfrey is probably first choice CH over Zimm and Hanley. Klose aint been that great either but still getting up to speed after injury?

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think Farke will actually drop Zimmerman due to that mistake, that's not his style.

If Hanley does come in, it won't be because of the fourth Derby goal; it will be because Zimmermann is still troubled by the virus from which he's been suffering. I was surprised he played against Derby actually, after being withdrawn very late against Forest, which Farke said was down to impaired mobility.

Of the three four center backs we currently have who's the quickest ?  Godfrey, then Klose, then Hanley, then Zimmermann?